Chapter 33

// James w. His fam. And watch the interview I tagged, you'll know what I'm talking about in the story. Plus, it's my favorite interview. x //

.

.

.

James's POV

Barclay pulled off his shirt, and tossed himself in his bed. I stood here, in front of the door, speechless. Where's the outburst, the yelling? Or possibly the greeting?

"That's it? Nothing? Not even a 'hi'?" I asked, my mouth probably hanging wide open. At first I thought he was going to hit me or something, but I guess not.

"What do you want me to do? Hug you?" He laughed sarcastically, as I cracked a smile. A fake smile, obviously. Why does Barclay have to be a jerk at times? He's usually the nice, and beautiful one, according to girls. He's supposed to be 'charming kick'. And I'm pretty sure in hell that he isn't being charming.

"A hug will be nice." I shrugged, making him scoff. You see, that's what I'm talking about. Here I'm trying to be nice, and he's infuriating me. He wants me to burst out, and get in trouble. "Fine." I said, taking off my shoes, and laying in my bed. "I'll just stop being nice."

"James, you are never nice. You see the way I'm acting right now?" He asked, and I nodded slowly. Obviously I can see the way he's acting. I'm not blind, and even if I was, I would still know he's mad, because of the way he's speaking. "Yeah, I'm acting like you. So pathetic, and mean."

"I'm pathetic? Uh, look at you-"

"You put bloody mustard in my hair! Who wouldn't get mad at that?! Especially my luxurious hair- and don't even mention the interview. They didn't know a thing they were saying." He said, rolling his eyes at the thought.

"Well, I don't act like that. Especially with my 'brother'!" I yelled, getting up from my bed.

"Oh really?!" He yelled, lifting himself up. "Then why don't you just go kill yourself because-"

"Barclay!" Jake yelled, barging in. "What the hell guys?! Five minutes alone, and look at you two! How disappointing!" He yelled, his face turning red. Barclay's face softened, as he stared at me blankly, but I turned away. I've never been told to kill myself. Hell, I've never told anyone that before. That's one of the cruelest things you can do, besides taking someone's food.

"James-"

"Fuck up." I said, leaving the room. O brushed past Jake, which made him grab my arm.

"You alright, lad?" He asked worriedly, and I couldn't take it any longer.

"No, I'm not alright! Can't you guys understand?! Yeah I've been acting like a bitch lately, but it's for a fucking reason! My fiancé's dead, the girl I loved walked out of my life, and do you think you guys are making me feel better?!" I yelled, making Jake jump back. Soon all of the guys ran our of their rooms, staring at me wide eyed. "You guys are my fucking brothers. Or were. Look, Barclay just told me to kill myself, will that make you feel better?" I asked him, my voice cracking, as he only stood there.

"James, I was pissed. I say, and act differently when I'm-"

"Mad? Exactly. I was mad before, that's why I was acting like that, but you guys couldn't seem to understand." I softly said, my vision blurring up. "Try to put yourselves in my shoes." I said, before walking out of the room.

I went downstairs to the family room to get some fresh air, and thankfully nobody was there. I sat down on the couch, and saw that we were on TV. I cracked a smile when I saw a picture of our first performance singing Run, but the picture that cane after made my smile drop.

There, in the television screen, was a picture of Anne and I holding our hands in Miami, on our first date walking on the beach, before Blake ruined it, of course. I felt a tear roll down my cheek, remembering Anne. Usually, I never cry over a girl, but Anne is something else. She makes me feel some type of way, something that no girl has ever made me feel. She has a power over me, that not even Simon could prevent.

If I got to be honest with myself, I actually want to go back to Miami. It was very beautiful place, and the important thing is that Anne lives there, plus Jesse. He was supportive, but I felt like he didn't like me much. I did break Anne a bit, and that's his best friend.

I went over to the refreshments, and I saw cookies with faces on it. It was quite disturbing when I noticed they were our faces, but oh well. When a man is hungry, he doesn't care what he's eating.

As I was chewing, I glanced at the clock, and saw that it was 4:45. Our performance is at 5:00, so I felt like the time was wrong, but unfortunately it was right. If I slept, I would've had ten minutes of sleep. I sighed, and went back upstairs, unsure if I should come in.

I do live here to, so I decided to come in. I can't go to to concert looking like this. I was wearing a big white shirt, with grey sweats. When I entered the room, it was empty. I heard lots of rumbling in the rooms, which noted me that they were getting ready. Did it hurt them too much, to tell me it was almost time to leave?

I turned the door knob of my bedroom, and I saw Barclay laying on his bed, all ready. He didn't turn around or anything, he just stayed put. At first I thought he was dead or soemthing, but when I saw his back going up and down, that thought left my head.

I pulled out my suitcase, and zipped it open, my clothes coming into view. I picked out some black skinny jeans, and a grey printed short sleeve shirt. Eh, good enough. Our fans don't go for how we dress, they go for us. That's why our fans are the most incredible people in the world.

I went into the bathroom and took out my TRESemmé hairspray, and brushed my hair up. I probably sprayed the whole can in my hair, since my hair is one of my biggest priorities. Is has to look perfect, of course. I rinsed my face, and brushed my face, and was ready by the second.

"You guys all ready?!" Jake yelled from the living room, making everybody come out. 'Yeah' they all said in unison, which made Jake smile. "Then let's go, peasants." He said, opening the door for all of us. Charlie came to me, and caught me off guard, hugging me.

"I'm sorry, James. I didn't know I hurt you that much."

"It's alright, mate. I wasn't really talking about you, you haven't done anything to hurt me. You've actually made me feel better." I sighed, as I saw him break out a smile.

We all entered the elevator, and let me tell you; it was crowded. I could barely breathe. Have you ever thought 'Why do bad things always happen to me?' Yeah, that was me at the moment.

"James, I'm really sorry. I didn't mean anything I said. Honest." Barclay said, making the elevator really quiet.

"Don't worry, Barclay. One day I'm going to pass away, and it'll be a James free world. Trust me, you'll be better off without me." I said, smiling genuinely at him.

"Okay, stop it. You're going to make me cry." Jake said, hugging me. When Jake hugs you, it feel like a little munchkin hugging your leg. "I know you're thinking about how short I am, so stop." He said, laughing. "I'm the tallest one here." He said, laughing harder.

"Whatever let's you sleep at night, Jake." I said, hugging him back, laying my chin in his head. "Whatever let's you sleep at night."

______________________________

Also, Congratulations to Ben Haenow! ♥♥ I can't believe the X Factor is over. But I can't wait for the tour! Bc of course Stereo Kicks are going to be performing (;

Make sure you read the last chapter :*

Thank you for 10k ♥

Stay in school. x

You guys look pretty today. ♡

- Jessica