Chapter 23

// #Tb. //

.

.

.

Annelise's POV

"Why'd you hang up?!" I yelled at Blake, really wanting to get up and punch him in the face.

"Because I don't like him? God, Anne. Who knew you were so stupid. Plus, you're fake sleeping doesn't work on me, babe."

"I was sleeping."

"No you weren't. I still remember when you and I-" Blake cut himself off completely.

"When you and I, what?" I asked, whilst raising my eyebrows.

"Shut up, slut. I don't want to talk about it." He said, facing the road, as Rob was driving.

*Flashback*

"Anne?!" Blake yelled, most likely coming home from his late night shift. I was about to yelled back, to notify him that I was in here, but I rather not.

"Anne?" I heard him say again, and I heard footsteps in the hallway. He was getting closer. I shut my eyes tight, and I almost squealed when the door opened.

"Baby?" He asked, as I felt him inches away from my face. I felt my lip curve up into a little smile, as I wanted to face palm myself. So much for fake sleeping. "Babe, it's so obvious." He chuckled.

"What's so obvious?"

"You're 'fake sleeping'." He said, making quotation marks with his fingers. "I love you a lot, I can tell when you're sleeping, and when you're not sleeping." He smiled, pecking me on the lips.

"Well then maybe you should stop loving me." I laughed out, as he lied down with me, hugging me from behind.