Chapter Seven

I apologize. I admit that I wasn't doing my best for this chapter. This was clearly rushed. But I intend to edit some parts soon.

Senku should have known whenever his father was up to something.

Byakuya left a few minutes ago after he received a phone call, and Senku wasn't known to be nosy so he had ignored the ensuing conversation.

A few minutes later, a loud knock on the front door was heard. But Senku should have known, really, for he could have avoided the predicament at that moment.

As soon as Senku had opened the door he saw Byakuya donning a delighted grin. He noticed his hand was on someone's messy hair, specifically someone with the same height as him, and after further realization that head with unruly hair actually belonged to you.

"Guess who's staying for dinner?"

Senku looked agitated before hastily closing the door.

"Ah, Senku, wait!" Byakuya managed to jam his foot in the door before it could shut completely. "Go eat at a restaurant or something," Senku spoke, peeking in the gap, feeling no hint of remorse. "Why would she even eat dinner with us? Where's her parents?"

"They're buying some stuff," you answered, grinning happily. Your smile looked uncannily similar to his father's, and he didn't like that at all. Byakuya laughed boisterously from behind you. "(Y/n)-chan's parents will come back after an hour or so. Her mother wanted me to look after her." The older man grinned as he pinched your cheek, and you would be lying to yourself if you said you didn't enjoy it. "And how could I say no to this face?"

Senku grimaced as his father continued to gush about how cute you looked. "Gross," he muttered, noticing that you were completely fine with the physical contact. You seemed to enjoy it as your smile never left or faltered.

"Come on, Senku, do you really want to keep us out here? In the dead of the night?" Byakuya spoke dramatically with a few hand gestures, trying to convince his son to let the both of you in.

"It's only six-thirty, old man," Senku deadpanned, never letting go of the doorknob. With Byakuya's body bigger than Senku's, he knew that he could push the door open with ease, but doing so would harm his son. Honestly, he didn't know what to do next to convince him. Should he threaten Senku again?

"Please, Senku-kun?" You tried, mustering a pleading look. "No amount of begging will get me to open the door," he stated, his tone firm. Senku made sure to lean all of his weight on the door for extra measure.

"Pretty please?"

"No."

"B-but I thought you tolerated me. Aren't we a little close now?"

Senku tensed up, and Byakuya noticed. A smirk made its way on his face as he tried to muffle his laugh. Senku noticed, but decided to ignore his father at the moment.

You continued to pout, and because of some miracle it only took Senku a few seconds before he was swayed. "Fine," he groaned, opening the door widely. Both you and Byakuya exchanged relieved grins, and Senku had to restrain himself from shutting the door again.

He didn't know what kind of trick you pulled that convinced him to let you in, but he figured that he probably just felt tired and wanted your visit to be over with as soon as possible. He tolerated you to some extent, but you shouldn't expect much from him either. He had better things to do than to socialize with you was his excuse, but even Senku wasn't sure if what he was saying to himself is true.

Senku wouldn't be as heartless as to actually mean all the things he said about you. Most of the time, he insults you in order to prevent you from invading his personal bubble. It was some sort of defense mechanism, but after some time he began to realize that he was repeatedly destroying and mending your hopes of being friends with him.