Chapter Thirteen

The Friday afternoon sky bled orange that day, flushing the school corridors in an amber glow.

You stood in front of the doors of the Science lab, preparing to enter when something caught your attention. You tilt your head to the left to see a sign fixed to the wall. Your eyes narrow at it. You were sure that wasn't there this morning. You neared the sign to take a closer look.

After a minute or two of processing its words, you begin to glare at it, as if your stare alone could disintegrate the inferior cardboard to atoms. On it, all letters capitalized with black sharpie, read:

'IDIOTS WITH THE NAME (Y/N) ARE NOT ALLOWED INSIDE DURING CLUB HOURS'

The penmanship was awfully familiar, and you had to restrain yourself from ripping the sign. "Senku, you little—" You pause, taking a few deep breaths. Anger won't make anything better, no matter how much you wanted to display your lividness. You suppress all negativity in your system before tearing your gaze away from the sign.

You were still annoyed, but you settle for confronting Senku peacefully and decided to respect the sign. You give it an exasperated glance before knocking on the doors of the lab. "Hey, Senku! I know you can hear me!" You yell, certain that it would catch his attention.

Ishigami Senku only ever concentrated on his Science Club nowadays. If he had free time, he always goes straight to the lab and finish whatever project or experiment he had. The only moments you could spend together was when you both had breaks and you could visit him in the lab, or when school ended. It was a rare sight to see him out of his apartment during weekends.

You always wait for him instead of going home with Taiju and Yuzuriha. You walk with them occasionally, but you felt like a third wheel whenever you had conversations. It made you slightly (very) uncomfortable, and it took a while to convince both of them to just go without you whenever school ended. You hated waiting for your parents to come home, so you wanted to bide your time as much as possible until they arrived.

But it was almost five-thirty, and you usually left the school with Senku by then. You didn't want the security guard to come and tell you to go home yourself, so you were growing a little impatient.

You huff indignantly, crossing your arms while waiting for Senku to come out. You almost opened the doors yourself, when Senku appeared just in time. He was in his lab coat, looking quite bored with his life as he dug his pinky in his right ear. You fix him with a disgusted look.

"Do you have ear infection or something?" You remarked. "You act like a germaphobe if I touch you when you do that almost every day." Was that habit of his even healthy? You were sure it had some side effects. You only read about that on the internet, but they weren't exactly reliable sources.

Senku stops what he was doing, rolling his eyes. You gave him a look when he only ignored your previous statement. "What do you want, idiot? I was busy."

You point to the sign and he follows your finger. "That. What's this about banning me from entering the lab all of a sudden?" You spoke, words laced with irritation. If Senku's reason was something ridiculous like how you were being annoying all the time, you might just give in to your anger.

Senku scoffs, crossing his arms while leaning against the doorframe. He raises an eyebrow. "The sign says those who are named (Y/n) aren't allowed. You better go away, then," he says, completely ignoring your angered expression.