A Short One but a Good One

Loki and Brun's friends had sat down on a couch a while ago. Loki just then realized how long it had been since Brunhilde had said anything. He looked to his side to find her dozing beside him. Loki wanted to get her to her bed. It was very late and she wouldn't enjoy the party if he woke her up.

He let her friends know what his plan was so that they stood in front of them while he took her in his arms and used his magic to transport her to her room without being seen. Once at her bedside, he laid her down. He then removed her shawl and heels. He pulled up her covers, and removed the pins that held her hair in place. She looked so incredibly peaceful lying on her bed. He did not want to leave her alone in her room. He knew it would be wrong for him to stay though, so he got up reluctantly and went to close her door. He took one last at her. Tinted moonlight shone on her face from the skylight in her room while she slept. He found himself smiling. He then closed the door and left to go to his room.

When Brun awoke the next morning, she briefly did not know where she was. When it dawned on her, she felt bitter and empty. She then realized she was still in her tight dress. She was surprised she was able to sleep in it. Brunhilde then noticed the shoes by the foot of her bed and the many pins arranged neatly on her nightstand. She wondered... could it have been him? The smile was quickly wiped from her face. Her outfit was on the mannequin.