The Gift

The day of the wedding was finally here. The past couple months had all been leading up to this. Loki was very nervous as was Brunhilde. Neither of them really knew why. It was early in the morning and Loki was waiting for the last touch ups done to his outfit to be done. He knew that he wanted to see someone to calm his nerves, but the only person he really wanted to see was Brunhilde. He decided to break the rules, as usual, and go see her. He asked the tailor if he could leave for a moment while he finished and the tailor said yes. Loki walked very briskly through the halls to avoid getting reprimanded by his father who surely would not want him to do this.

He reached Brunhilde's room. He knocked on the door and Carol came and poked her head out. "Can I help you?" she asked with a confused look on her face. "Hello, Carol. Is Brun there?"

"She stepped out to get a quick snack for breakfast. Also I think we are all annoying her with our singing and dancing while we get ready. Why? Aren't you not supposed to see her?"

"Technically yes, but I have something for her." Then, Loki formed an idea. "Actually, I could use your help. Are the bridesmaids all ready?"

"Mostly. What do you need?"

                                                                                     ⇿⇿

Loki heard the door open and Brunhilde walked through. He was standing in Brunhilde's room alone. When she saw him. She looked very puzzled. She had her makeup and some of her hair done, but was not wearing the dress. Just a simple blue and pink silk dressing gown with a matching robe. "What's going on? Did you kidnap my bridesmaids?" she asked. Loki smiled. "I have a gift for you. Come with me." Loki said as he reached for her hand to guide her. "I'm never going to be bored with you am I?" she laughed.

Loki took her hand and led her through the hall and around a corner. They stopped in front of two doors. Brunhilde knit her brows together. Loki laughed. "I was going to give this to you tonight, but...well,"

He pushed open the doors to reveal a large golden room. It was stocked with all kinds of weapons and equipment. It had swords of every kind, fighting dummies, and a fighting ring in the middle. Carol, Kathika, Lysandra, Valda and Aphaea stood in the middle of the room in their champagne bridesmaid's dresses. "Surprise!" they all shouted. Brunhilde smiled wide. She looked to Loki who had a small grin on his face. "Call it an early wedding present," he said. She smiled at him for a few more moments before bounding to him and kissing him. He did not expect it at first, but quickly kissed her back and hugged her. He laughed as all her bridesmaids cheered. They broke apart and Brun said "I love you. Thank you."

"I love you too." Loki said very quietly. He kissed her again as all of the bridesmaids cheered. They all went back to Brunhilde's room to continue getting ready. Loki kissed her on the hand before she went back into her room. He saw her smile as the doors closed. "See you out there." she said.