Chapter 2:Melinda

In the morning,the brunette nurse enters the stuffy clinic room and hands me a light yellow dress which is a bit too short for my liking.

I sigh and slip into it,allowing her to sip up the back.

"My parents sold me too,you know." she whispers.

I turn around to face her..I guess I could talk to her—but her only.

"How did you end up here then?" I ask.Her face turns solem and she sighs "They decided I wasn't pretty enough to be a damsel..or a high-titled anything...but,since I was smart they allowed me to become a nurse here."

She hands me a pair of matching high heels and I reluctantly slip them on.She grabs my wrist  "If you don't want to end up being a birthmother be smart..trust no one,and never let any of the other girls find out your weakness..or your past." she whispers.I nod "Thank you..whats your name?" I whisper.She bites her lip like she's contemplating on telling me."My name is Melinda." I smile at her,I really do like that name.

"My name is Lo-" she puts her hand over my mouth before I can finish and looks around the room nervously."Your name is Rarity,now.If you want to make it in this world you must always do what the government tells you." I nod at her as she pulls her hand off my mouth."Now,Rarity..lets put your hair up and do your makeup before you leave." she says putting an empathis on my name.

I follow her into a dressing room and allow her to put my hair in a simple bun along with a light layer of eyeliner and clear lipgloss."Most of these girls are Elite's...their parents practically begged the governent to take them off their hands." she murmurs.

"Why?" I ask.She laughs "Why? because,most of the elite families want their first-borns to be boys and not girls."

I rub my lips together as she instructs me to do."How many damsels have you seen over the years?" I ask.She squeezes my shoulder "Your the first Rarity,and I pray to God the last."

I.WILL.ALWAYS.BE.LOVELY.