Chapter 3:Flashbacks and Farewells

"I'll work harder!! I promise!"

I hear my mothers crying from inside and my little brother Danny's screams of confusion.

"I'm sorry,Lovely.We're starving and I asked everywhere in town if there were any openings but your just-"

"A CHILD!" I scream at him he sighs but nods."WELL THIS CHILD HAS BEEN PERFECTLY CAPABLE OF KEEPING THIS FAMILY AFLOAT SINCE YOU DECIDED TO GET DRUNK AND GAMBLE AWAY OUR LIFE SAVINGS!"

And with that,his fist connects with my face and I awake in a clinic.

I shudder at those memories.The jet then starts to land and I stiffen in my seat."Its okay." whispers Melinda from my left.I nod at her and continue to bite my lip.She pinches my cheek "Ow." I recoil.She sighs "You need to look perfect every minute of everyday."

I arch an eyebrow at her."Even when I sleep?" she nods.

"I drool in my sleep."

"Don't drool."

"I snore."

"Don't snore."

I groan and put my face in my newly manicured hands.Melinda rubs my back gently "You'll be okay,just remember everything I told you." I take a deep breath but nod.I close my eyes and turn to Melinda "I don't understand,Melinda why did they pick me? i'm not an elite,i'm not beautiful I-" she cuts me off with another cheek pinch.

"Ow." I wince once again grabbing it.Her brown eyes look me up and down before she scoffs "First of all,class doesn't matter..second of all." she says pointing a mirror at me."Your not beautiful,your stunning!" I sigh.Don't you dare cry,Lovely I tell myself.I will never be vunerable again.I will never trust ANYONE again..except Melinda.

Melinda pulls me in for a tight hug in the cramped jet seat."Now,go show those barbies who's boss,Lovely." she whispers my name.I smile at her before getting up.Its nice to hear my name instead of 'Rarity'. I turn back before I near the exit."Promise me you'll visit?' I ask.She bites her lip but nods.I mentally snort at that..Melinda the hypocrite.

_______________________________________________________________________

I'm sorry if this chapter stunk! its late,i'm tired,and my dog keeps barking (He sees deaddd peopllleee ooh) I'm weird.

Bye.

-madianduno