Chapter 2

I got home and walked into the house greeted by my scowling mother. I put on a fake smile and strolled past her to my room. God she annoyed me. When I got to it she finally started speaking.

     "Do you always have to be such a bitch? Why can't you be a normal teenager. If your brother we're here I don't think you'd be acting like this. You we're so good before he died. After that you changed." She spit out at me.

     I rolled my eyes and turned to her. "Honestly, I would be acting like this if he we're here mother. You just think I'm a bitch because I speak the truth to you. Something Drew didn't do. I never changed mom, I just grew up. When he died you changed not me. You're the one who became a bitch, that's why dad left you. Now I'm being a bitch!" I was practically yelling by the time I finished speaking to her. I whirled around and went into my room and slammed the door.

     What gives her the right to bring Drew into this? I thought to myself. Wiping tears from my eyes I went to my mirror to fix my makeup and get a Kleenex off my dresser. I laid down on my bed after I wiped my nose and thought about what just happened. I didn't mean to bring dad into it. I knew it hurt her just as much as it hurt me that dad walked out on us when Drew died.

     I sighed and rolled over onto my side. Maybe I will just rest and apologise when we are both cooled down enough to talk, then I can tell her the excuse Ash and I made up for Wednesday. I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

     About an hour later I awoke to a soft knock at my bedroom door. It was mom. She looked like she had just woken up too. I didn't even have to say anything I just went over to her and hugged her and let her hug me back. I didn't mean to argue with her all the time it was just I needed a break away from her sometimes and well, Wednesday I am going to get it.

     We pulled out of our hug and started walking down the hall to the kitchen. Mom was telling me how she made Mac and Cheese for dinner. Honestly I hated Mac and Cheese but it was better then nothing. So I just nodded and sat down at the table. She set down my plate and I began eating. We sat in silence for a while until I asked her about her new job at Target.

     "I hate it, but it pays for us to eat and sleep so I have to deal with it for now." She said.

     I was just glad she wasn't working at her old job anymore, see she used to work for some sleez ball on the street right after dad left and she would always come home crying or brusied up. She told me not to worry about it but I couldn't stand to see her like that. So I made her stop and get her new job at Target.

     "Mom," I said between a mouth full of food.

     "Hmm?"

     "Me and Ash are going to be working on a progect for the next for days for school so tomorrow and Wednesday I am going to be going over to his house and I'm probably just going to stay the night there and walk to school with him. Okay?" I said

     She just looked at me for a little bit and at first I thought she thought I was lying and I was getting worried until she finally said, "That's fine. But the only reason you can stay there is because I don't have to worry about him wanting to grab your boobs while you sleep." She said.

     I laughed at that and walked over and hugged her.

     "Mom even if he did want to grab my boobs while I slept I don't think he would try for the fact that he might wake up without any balls." I said still laughing which made her frown and then laugh with me.

     "I taught you well didn't I?" I asked

     I nodded and said "Yeah you did, and I think I'm done eating for now mom. I'm going to go back to the room and call Ash and tell him you said it was fine for me to stay at his place." 

     "Alright, but if I hear you did anything stupid your grounded for a month." She said being serious this time which made me not want to look at her. But I did and I nodded then I headed back to my room and called Ash and told him our plan had worked.

     After I got off the phone with Ash I started planning my outfit for the next two days and packing them up. Then I got my jammies and went off to the shower. After my shower I went off to my room and went to sleep.