Epilogue

1year later

"Dean. We are not having birthday pies." Castiel sighed as hismate looked through his box of recipes he had collected. Now thatthey were staying in the bunker like it was a home and they had theirtwins he had been all on board with making home cooked meals fortheir children.

Castiel never spoke of it but he knew that Dean wanted their childrento live the life that he and his brother never got the chance to.Still they were already being raised on classic rock, folklore andtomato and rice soup when they didn't feel good. He already talkedabout training when they were older, maybe nine or ten, he didn'twant them to be hunters but he did want them to know what was outthere, just so they would be able to protect themselves, but hewouldn't take away their childhood; they'd not know what was reallyout there till they were seventeen or so sounded like a good age.They'd cross that bridge when they got to it.

"Come on Cas, there is no reason for them to have cake two days ina row." Dean pointed out and Castiel sighed, it was true in a way.Birthday parties were to celebrate the 'birthday girl' or 'birthdayboy' as Dean would say but as twins they were born on the same dayand Dean didn't want them to have to share that. Dean had grown upwhere a birthday party was all but nonexistent, for Sam he could goand find a toy for a present and something sweet he could get;cookies, pie, even just candy as he rarely could get an entire cakefor him. That was one big thing for him, he would give them thechildhood that he would have wanted for himself and Sam.

"Besides, it'll be Elena's birthday first. And she loves pie." Itwas true, Elena did love pie, while Robby loved cookies. Of coursethey didn't let them have only sweets but a little every other day orso, but since Elena was born first and so technically older, even ifby only a few minutes, they decided she'd take the day before theiractual birthday and Robby would two days later the day after theiractual birthday. It was actually Sam's idea for neither to get theiractual birthday so when they were older they wouldn't feel left outif one didn't get their 'real' birthday.

"Just like her daddy," Castiel scoffed and Dean couldn't help butgrin. "Shut up, assbutt." Castiel grunted but the smile andobvious love in his voice took any sting he could have possiblygotten from the words.

"Come on Cas, you know I'm adorable." He winked at his angel andCastiel, despite agreeing whole heatedly with him, rolled his eyes.

"Fine, lets make her a birthday pie." Castiel sighed and Deanchuckled, "we can probably ask Sam and Gabriel to run and pick upsome streamers. What is Elena's favorite color this week?" Heasked, while Robby's favorite color was red, Elena changed herfavorite color every week or so.

"Purple. Dark purple." Dean grinned, normally it would cause himto roll his eyes as her favorite color went from being a lilac to adark purple, they were both purple; but it was too cute when comingfrom his little girl.

Elena's birthday party was something he was very proud of. With aDisney princess sign that said 'Happy Birthday' with pretty darkpurple paper plates and plastic silverware along with matchingstreamers. Gabriel had run out getting everything including all thesame but in red for Robby's birthday for the day after tomorrow, forthat they would make him a cake-chocolate, which was his favorite.

Gabriel who had become 'double uncle' as had Sam. How Sam and Gabrielended up together was something Dean tried not to think about. Or atleast how he found out.