if you're breathing, you're a liar

Me: Since when do you clean?
I asked my dad while entering the kitchen. He laughed.
Dad: We're eating together tonight?
Me: yeah sure, I'll cancel my coffee date with Clay.
Dad: a coffee date huh?
Me: it's not like that, we actually have an English project we need to do. So we were meeting at Monet's.
Dad: then go.
Me: Dad, I never see you. I'm going to cancel it.
Dad and I kept arguing for awhile before I walked outside and basically shouted that I was cancelling it. Before turning around and being face to face with Monty.
Me: jesus christ.
Monty: what are you cancelling?
Me: nothing important.
He squinted his eyes before entering his car. I opened the door and sat in the car. He pressed his hand on my thigh before saying:
Monty: you've been spending an awful lot of time with Tyler, aren't you?
Me: I mean, yeah. We're friends nothing more.
Monty: are you sure?
Me: You're going to cause a scene?
I said laughing, he didn't. I quickly stopped before putting on the radio.
At school, Monty and I walked into the gym. I saw Zach, he was with Ani. He seemed tired of her. As I walked towards them, Ani saw me and quickly got up and left.
Zach: thank you.
Me: my pleasure.
I said laughing. He laughed with me.
Zach: She told me that Bryce is the one that broke my knee.
Me: shit!
Zach: it was on purpose. Dude, I have handwritten letters from three different schools coming into this year. Do you think they'll recruit me after they heard my knee had two surgeries? No! I'm fucking done!
Me: hey hey. Breath, you're a Dempsey everything will be okay don't worry. We'll find a way.
Me: But didn't you see him?
He looked down.
Me: Why didn't you reported him?
Zach: I've been fighting with Bryce my whole life. And now that he's gone more than ever.
Zach: Monty, Luke, Taylor, all those guys, they're Bryce's boys. They wanted to do things his way, I just wanted to make them better.
Me: I know. You don't need to explain that to me.
But Zach's anger towards Bryce was more than just about football. Zach had a secret.
Zach: If any of those guys going out that it was Bryce who took me out for good....
Z&O: then he wins.
I looked into his eyes before the coach started calling all the Tigers. I left him and all the other boys. I was walking away just before the whole football team came running out if the gym screaming. How do they have so much energy at 8am? Anyways as soon as the whole mass of boys walked out, Monty came out of the gym with his fist clenched.
Me: Monty, what happened?
Monty: Nothing.
He said walking away. I grabbed his hand but he just pushed me back. He looked at me before walking into class. I debated going to class or not, but then I realized that maybe Tyler would need me so I stayed.
When I went to the bathroom I heard a conversation between two people. I got closer and saw Monty holding Tyler to the wall.
Monty: What the fuck did you do?
Tyler: Nothing. What do you mean.
He said trembling.
Monty: Guess where I spent four hours last night? The Sheriff station. Standall had lots of questions about what went on here last year before Brycey left.
Monty: What'd you tell him?
Tyler: Nothing, I swear.
Before anything else could've been said or done, I walked up to them and pushed Monty.
Me: Why are you being such a jerk?!
Monty: I have nothing to explain to you.
Me: You have a lot to explain, Montgomery De la Cruz!
I said while Tyler started breathing heavily. I took Monty by the arm and walked outside with him.
Me: What's your problem?!
Monty: Why are you defending him!
He said angrily.
Me: I didn't defend him, I'm stopping you from doing something you'll regret!
Monty: What do you care if I end up in jail?!
Is he being serious right now? Does he seriously think I wouldn't care if he ended up in jail?!
Me: I can't do this right now.
I said before getting back inside, when I tried opening the door he closed it.
Monty: We are not done this conversation.
He angrily slammed his two hands on the sides of my head into the door.
Monty: What's your problem!
Me: Right now?
Monty: yeah no shit right now!
Me: I'm looking at it!
I said pushing him away from me. He grabbed my arm and it started to hurt. I tried leaving his grip but he just tighten it.
Me: you're hurting me!
Zach: What's going on here?!
Me: nothing.
I said getting out of Monty's grip and walking towards Zach.
Monty: We are not done with this Oli.
He said before getting in his car and leaving. I went back into the school when the bell rang.
Zach: Are you going to explain what happened?
Me: There's nothing to explain...and not here Zach.
I told him before we both left for lunch.
School finished, and Tony came to pick Alex, Tyler and I for a session at the gym.

No one talked for the whole ride, and I was still processing what had happened between Monty and I

No one talked for the whole ride, and I was still processing what had happened between Monty and I. When we got to the gym I waved at Caleb , Tony's boyfriend, before putting on my tapes and started sparing. Tony and Tyler were doing some "fighting" while Alex was still recovering from his head injury.
Tony: That's it, stay with me. Good job!
Tony: Faster now.
He said while being in the ring with Tyler. I was hitting the sand bag and felt my knuckles hurting.
Alex: Tyler gloves up!
He said before something fell. I turned around and saw Tyler on the floor.
Me: Tony!
I said with big eyes.
Tony: My bad, Ty.
Me: You okay?
Tyler: yeah I think so. Sorry.
Tony: Where's your head, buddy?
Tyler: I don't know, I'm sorry.
Tony: stop apologizing. Come here.
Alex: Let ms have a go.
Me: You got a doctors note?
Alex: C'mon I'll just defend.
Me: You did see what just happened to Tyler did you?
Tyler: I just missed one.
Tony: That's okay, jump some ropes we'll try again later.
He approved before going to jump some ropes. Tony and I spared together for awhile before going to drink some water.
Me: Did you talk to Clay?
Tony: No, did you?
Me: No. I haven't seen him all day. Just like Ani.
Tony: She's going to bring us trouble.
Me: yeah i know.
I said before checking the time. Shit! I have to go home.
Me: I need to leave, my dad is on his way and I promised him I would eat before he heads back to the hospital.
I said while running out of the door.
Alex: Wait Oli! I'll give you a ride!
He said while his dad was pulling over in front of the gym.
Me: It won't bother your dad?
Alex: Oli, you're practically family.
He said laughing before we both entered the cop car.
Me: Hey Mr.Standall.
D.S: Hey Oli, how many times do I have to tell you you can call me Bill.
I laughed before we started talking about a lot of stuff.
Alex: So umm dad, do you have any idea what happened to Bryce?
D.S: I don't think Oli wants to hear about that...
Before he could say something else, we arrived at my house. Dad went to say hi to Deputy Standall and finally they stayed over for supper.