The end

Alex: the sheriff and the prosecutor think they have enough evidence to close the case file on Bryce Walker. He was killed by Montgomery De la Cruz.
Said Alex over the phone.
Alex: Montys dead so case closed.
Me: fucking hell.
I said throwing my phone on the floor.

2 months since Monty died. 2 months since I stopped talking to everyone except Charlie. We started dating a couple of weeks after Monty's death. He won't ever be like Monty, but he's helping me get over him. He's been there when everyone else turned their back on Monty.
Today was thanksgiving, dad took the day off and we ate with the St-George's. Everything was going great for the first time in months. I was actually happy, and not crying. I guess life does get better after the storm, or the hurricane. Clay and Ani started dating, she saved his life and I couldn't be more grateful.
Today, Tyler was doing his exhibit at Monet's.
Justin: I caught Tyler taking my pictures a few months ago. And I wanted to go all Alec Baldwin on him, until I saw the picture.
Justin: I told him he should do an exhibit at Monet's and he finally agreed. So Tyler.
Everyone cheered.
Tyler: Uh, Hi. So there's a picture of everyone that's helped me this year. And I wanted to say thank you. Having friend is an amazing thing.
We all clapped before Justin pulled down the curtain from the wall. We all gasped.
Me: Yeahhhh Tyler!!!!
I said clapping and cheering. Everyone followed.
We all went to get coffee and I overheard Cyrus and Tyler talking.
Tyler: Ani went there. Said it was him. They believed her.
Cyrus: Who they?
Tyler: The cops.
And finally all the pieces made sens. After months of not understanding what the interest in Monty came from, I finally understood. I ran outside to take a deep breath. I heard the door open and I turned around to see Ani.
Me: What did you tell the cops?
Ani: Look Oli....
Me: He didn't kill Bryce. He was with me.
Me: What'd you tell them?
Ani: Oli....he was already gone.
Me: He was a human being! Okay? He was a fucking human being!
Me: He didn't deserve to die like that.
Ani: I'm sorry Monty's dead. Charlie told me he could be loyal and fearless. And that he stood up for his friends.
Me: Stop fucking talking about him like you knew him.
Ani: I know. I didn't. And I can't even imagine what it's like to lose someone you love.
Me: You're right, you can't!
I said before turning around and leaving.i walked back home and cried for days. No one came to see me, except Charlie and Tyler. Zach couldn't face me. Alex even worse. He's the one that actually killed Bryce and let my boyfriend take the fall for it. And I know, it was either Alex, Zach or Clay. But dragging Monty into all this mess, no. I'm sorry I can't. Life isn't suppose to be this fucked up, after everything I've been through, I just need a fucking break. That's why Charlie and I packed our bags and moved away from Evergreen to Colorado. He had a scholarship and I could find a job to sustain us. My dad didn't understand why the sudden rush to leave Evergreen, he didn't understand until reading the papers. No one knew we were leaving, and I didn't bother saying bye to anyone. One morning, we just packed the car and left.
Me: You sure you want to do this?
Charlie: I'd do anything for you.
And we drove away without ever turning back.