~10~

We were just finishing our makeup when I got a text message. Calum. I slightly smiled to myself and checked my phone.

Hey Jen. Umm, I was wondering, R u going to that Beach Bash party thing tonight? -Calum

Did he just ask me if I was going? Maybe he wanted to go too! Maybe he wants to see me? OOH! Oh my god Jen, get over yourself. Just respond to his frikkin text.

Yea. U going? -Jen

Cool and yea! I guess I'll see ya there :) -Calum

Ok! See u there :) -Jen

I just stood there for a moment staring at my phone. Then Kayla snapped me out of it.

"Ok... Either you are looking at a really cute picture of Harry Styles or your texting Calum with that kinda smile on your face," laughed Kayla.

"Go for the latter," I grinned at her, shoving my phone in my clutch.

It was fifteen more minutes till the party started, so we headed out of Kayla's dorm. I wasn't one for caking on a dramatic amount of makeup, so I went for a natural look with the basic mascara, foundation, and a light lipstick. Kayla stood out a lot. She put loads on, but she didn't pick shades that were bright and noticeable, so she didn't look like a clown.

When we got to the hall where the "bash" was held, I was actually quite impressed. They had seashells hanging from the ceiling and a beautiful painting of an ocean sunset taped up on the windows (probably done by the art students). There were a few bright coral pink and baby blue balloons around and some beautiful chandelier hanging. They were playing The Beatles' "Here Comes the Sun" and there were a few people cheesily grooving along.

Kayla and I went straight for the food. Food is life. It's heaven in an edible and delicious form. No joke.

Anyway, we just stood by the chocolate fountain for awhile enjoying our chocolate covered strawberries. Then, I saw his face. I saw Calum and - GEEZ WHY DOES HE HAVE TO BE SO FRIKKIN ADORKABLE!?!?!

He was wearing a blue button down shirt with a lighter blue bow tie and dark pants with his black Vans. I also noticed three other boys behind him, one of them being Luke. The other two were blonde, one being a bit more dirty blonde, and they all had their hair in the front pushed to the side.

Calum's eyes lit up when he saw me (was that a good thing?). He started making his way toward me, maneuvering through the crowd of people. Kayla noticed this too, and being the oh so helpful and caring best friend she is, she lets out a huge fake cough and says quite loudly," Well, I think I better go now, I better meet up with Justin."

"Yea ok. Whatever," I replied, rolling my eyes at her.

When Calum finally got to me, he started making small talk. At first, he kind of just glanced at me from head to toe, looking quite impressed (yay!).

"Hey, Jen. You look beautiful tonight," he said with a smile.

"Thank you! You look quite dashing yourself, Calum," I laughed. He laughed along as well.

"Oh by the way, these are my three best mates: Ashton, Michael, and you know Luke," he said introducing me to each one of them.

"Nice to meet you guys," shaking the two guys' hands. "Hey Luke," I said with a slight wave.

"Hey," he grinned.

I got to know Calum's friends a bit more. Oh, and did I mention that these three boys were in Calum's band? I guess not. Well, now you know. Anyways, after a little conversation here and there with the boys, Calum asked me to dance. I literally felt my cheeks burning up as I followed Calum to the dance floor. Say Something was playing and it's a slow song. Now let's just hope and pray I don't trip or do anything stupid.