CHAPTER 10

It had been about two days, since I woke up in the cell. I watched the sun rise and set through the tiny window way above Kenneth's head. Everywhere had been dead silent except the sound of crickets that threatened to keep us awake forever. I hadn't said a word to Kenneth, he hadn't said a word to me and we hadn't even seen a glance of our captors. As I sat down back against the walls, I watched Kenneth who was still across from me, he didn't even bat an eyelash at me or my direction. His eyes were always trained on the ground, or on the walls. He hated me that much.

"Kenneth!!" I called out to him but he didn't even move. One would think that he was dead but the way is chest went up and down was enough to tell me that he was alive. Maybe he was asleep. I was too scared to go over to him, hell I was scared to talk to him and didn't want to hear his hateful words but I was just going to try.

"Kenneth!!" I called again "can we talk?" He let out a grunt and I knew he was awake. "Kenneth I'm sorry." But he gave me no reply whatsoever. I really hated being ignored, he knew that but he still ignored me. It made me emotional and frustrated. It made anyone emotional and frustrated. No one liked feeling unimportant. I decided to get my mind off of him, so as to avoid crying. I was tired of crying my head ached and my eyes stung from all the tears I had let out but what hurt the most was the fact that there was no one there to even comfort me.

I crawled over to the bars to try see if anyone was out there maybe I could ask for food seeing as I was very much hungry, but there was no one. As I began crawling back to where I had previously stayed, my knee hit the edge of a break on the floor, I hadn't seen it there and so I hit the ground with a thud. A groan slipped from my mouth as I felt pain surge through my sides. I turned around and dragged myself with my hands and buttocks through the remaining space, the whole time my eyes focused on my now bleeding knee. The tears stung the corners of my eyes and I tried my best to blink them back, I didn't want to cry, I was not going to cry. I was tired of the quiet tears and I was tired of feeling so weak. Every where hurt, my sides, my ribs, my foot, my head, my knees and there was the part of my face that was swollen and probably of a different colour from the rest of my face. The pain I felt around my body was good enough to explain the traitor tears that slipped down my cheek but those were not the reasons. I might never see my mother again I thought to myself. I might never get to go home again and Kenneth hated my guts. A sob escaped from my mouth, my throat finally making a sound come out of it after so long. I used my hand to squeeze my mouth, wincing as I touched my swollen cheek.
I couldn't help my shivering, the cold breeze came in from the window in the cell, I had only just realised that it was night. It didn't stop the tears from sliding down my cheek, nothing was right.

"Hey! Hey!! What's wrong?" I had not noticed Kenneth move toward me but there he was, arms around me giving me warmth. My sobs had probably attracted him. I was still shaking, this time not from the cold but from the tears.

"I'm sorry." I said between gasps, trying to catch my breath. He buried my face in his chest and I took a deep whiff of his smell, it was horrible. Dirt and sweat mixed with blood. I didn't blame him though I didn't even care.
"It's all my fault." I said still taking in his smell.
"No, it's not" he tried to comfort me but I wasn't having any of it. "It is." I disagreed "it's all my fault, it's my fault that you are here, it's my fault that you are hurt and injured."
"What about you?" He asked but didn't even wait for answer. "You are hurting too Tonia and that is my fault." I looked at him and he knew I was lost in his abyss of words. "I couldn't stop them from hurting you." He said finally and I couldn't help the scowl that came on my face.
"Stop being modest and cliché." I attacked him. He only let out a laugh at what I said and that made me smile a weak smile.
"You think it's cliché but I'm serious."
"Why are you not mad at me?"
"I was, but I just can't seem to stay mad at you for so long." I searched his eyes for any sign that he was lying but it was no use one could never detect when he was lying or saying the truth.
"Why?" I asked him.
"Because I love you." That again I thought to myself. Whenever he said those words, it made me angry because I just couldn't believe him. No matter how hard I wished it was true, I just couldn't find it in myself to find out. Thinking of what he had done to me over and over again and how I acted as a fool infuriated me. I held my breath and did not bother to give him any response whatsoever.

"You don't believe me" he started matter of factly and I still gave him no reply. Listening to my heart beat and feeling his own beat against his chest, they were beating in sync. At that point, I remembered what Ranti had told me back at home. She said that when we are with our perfect match, our heart would always beat at the same rhythm. What if we weren't the perfect match? What if we were just a phase in each of our lives as much as that scared me, it could very well be the truth but then, what if his games and my stupidity was just to build or relationship. At that point, I was more than confused. I wanted him to stop talking at the same time, I wanted him too continue so that I could hear what he had to say.

"I know you don't believe me." He said again. "And I won't say it to you again. Its okay if you don't believe me, I would totally understand and I promise I would never bring it up again because I know that I have no right to seeing as I have hurt you too much and bringing it up may only hurt you more." I searched his eyes, looked at them as they pulled me in. He didn't break the stare, neither did I. Was he my perfect match? Were all the heart break and fighting plans of the universe to bring us together at the end of it all? Would I be a fool if I let him in one more time? I wondered, but deep down I really did not care. It felt hurtful and sickening that I was back to where I was six heart breaks ago, planning on giving him one more chance even after I vowed to never let him in again. Telling myself that this was life and love, and one heart break would surely not hurt. As I looked at him, I decided that at that point of our bitter breakdown, all I wanted was him and the look in his eyes said he wanted me too. I didn't want to care what would happen after we got out of this earth, if we got out of this earth. I guess that was the problem with me, always living and not thinking but I wanted, no needed him and that too really badly. I craved his sweet flattery words, I craved his stares and his smile, I craved his touch. I needed him to hold me right then and tell me that everything was going to be okay, to tell me that no matter how much of a jerk he was, deep down, he felt the same way I did.

"Tonia, I know I hurt you, but you don't know what you do to me. You are like diamonds to me Tonia, very pretty and very expensive. I tell my self that I don't need something so ostentatious, something of such great value that as long as I have and lead a normal and simple life, I could be okay and satisfied. But then I pass by the same store that holds the diamond everyday and I see the diamond everyday and I can't get it off my mind because that is just what I want. I go out of my way to get you and then when I do, I become so much of an ingrate because to me it's not as great as I thought it to be. I showed my friends that I got a pretty diamond they fawn all over it but then it's not much of a big deal all of a sudden and I sell you back. But the moment I do and I see you in the hands of someone else, it hurts very much because I all of a sudden get reminded of just how special you are, how important you are, how pretty and expensive you are and I want you back so I go out of my way to get you and repeat the process all over and over again which only ends up hurting you. Tonia I'm very selfish and I'm sorry. I just want you to know that I love you, and I need you. God Tonia I need you so badly in my life. I need..." Before he completed his words, I reached in and kissed him. I kissed him with everything in me, all the emotions I felt, the confusion the anger and love and fear, I poured it all in, hoping he would be able to decipher it all. As he kissed back with as much passion, a ray of hope in me shun and deep down, I knew I would be alright.

-----
I can't believe this, she said buttocks?
Okay that aside,  AWWWWWWWW. So sweet.
But did he have to describe her in such materialistic way.
Who am I to say,  if Tonia doesn't have a problem with it, then I guess I don't  *shrugs*