Chapter 10 | Hangover

Nicole

I woke up hating myself and everything around me. My head was pounding and my mouth felt like cotton.

"Good morning, sunshine," Blake chuckled from his side of the room. I groaned in response. "Bad morning, I take it?"

"What do you think?"

"Very bad morning."

I smashed a pillow over my face before rolling onto my stomach. Blake's bed squeaked as I imagined him getting off it and I cringed when the sound of something falling to the floor only made my headache worse.

"Come on, let's go grab some breakfast."

As if I wanted to get out of bed anytime soon. He was insane if he actually thought I planned on leaving my bed at all.

"I'm not bringing you breakfast in bed, sweet cheeks," he added as if I asked him to. "I know you didn't ask but you need to eat breakfast and I'm not the one to give you that luxury. So come on, let's go."

This mother fucker apparently reads minds.

Yet I made zero effort of getting out of my warm, comfortable bed. If he wanted me out of bed, he would have to drag me out. And even then, I'd fight him the entire time. I wasn't leaving my bed. At all.

"Come on, sunshine," he insisted as his voice neared my bed. "Get your fine ass out of bed."

I turned my head to the side to glare at him through my hair. "Quit staring at my ass."

"It's right in my face and it's a nice one. It's not a crime to stare, is it?"

Well, no.

"Please get out of bed." The impatience was evident in his voice by now. "I'm starving, doll face."

"I don't wanna."

A huff escaped his lungs as he pulled my blanket all the way off and extended his arm towards me, palm up and open. I moved my hair out of my face with one hand and raised a brow at him, squinting at the bright light behind him.

"Painkiller." Was all he said before grabbing the hand I used to move my hair and set two pills in my palm. "I also made sure to hide a twenty-four pack of waters before Patricia and Justus decided they were keeping everything in their room. I'm gonna make sure you're hydrated, okay? You can call me daddy." The smirk that took over his face after he said that last part was truly the most annoying.

I scoffed and shoved my face back into my pillow.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry for that." He laughed as he bent down beside his bed and pulled out one of the water bottles he just mentioned. "You don't gotta call me daddy, but at least let me help you get over this hangover. Starting with breakfast."

"I don't wanna go on a date with you." Being stubborn with him was always fun. "That's gross."

Even though I couldn't see him, I knew he rolled his pretty blue eyes. "I don't date, smart one. We're just hanging out and eating breakfast. That's it."

Right.

With one last audible groan, I pushed myself on my hands and knees before sitting back on my heels. My hair was a mess and it decided that my face was where it wanted to rest.

Blake chuckled before reaching out and pushing the rat's nest out of the way. Getting a little too close for comfort, his hands worked at the back of my head to twist it before he reached towards the hem of his shirt. I looked down to see one of my claw hair clips in his hand before it also disappeared behind my head. My eyes stared right into his as he struggled for a second before he smiled, satisfied that he managed to get all my hair up in one go.