Chapter 23 | Drunk Nicole

Blake

Justus was drunk out of his mind and it took everything in me to make sure I didn't lose him in the crowd again. It was like I was a father to a reckless child who wanted nothing else than to hurt himself.

So far he'd already fell backwards into a bush as he was running away from the party. Of course it had to be me that had to fetch him out. The scratches on his arms were gonna be something he felt in the morning, along with the massive headache that usually came after the amount of heavy drinking he was doing. Maybe even some severe nausea.

I was trying to make him drink some water when random commotion started up on the other side of the house. Frustrated with not getting a single break, I grumbled as I retaught Justus how to hold a water bottle.

He cupped the bottle in both of his hands the way a toddler would with their small fingers. Good enough. Hoping he'd actually listen this time, I told him to stay seated, walking away when he gave me a firm nod. My last view of him was him tilting his head back to drink some of his water.

Getting my drunk best friend out of the way for a bit, I walked over to where all the noise was coming from. Once I got closer, I realized it was people cheering and chanting.

"Chug! Chug! Chug! Chug!"

Confused, I walked into the game room to see everyone gathered around the pool table. And when my eyes looked up at the person standing on it, I audibly groaned in defeat. Nicole, the girl that was supposed to be sleeping in my room, was downing a shot straight from the bottle as she danced on the pool table.

The people around weren't helping by encouraging her to keep going with their enthusiasm. Despite the fact that Nicole was already drunk out of her mind, she had no trouble downing what looked to be two more shots. Again, straight from the bottle.

Just cause it tasted like water didn't mean it should keep going down as such.

With that in mind, I pushed past the crowd surrounding her until I reached the side of the table closest to her.

"If you don't get down from there I'm bringing you down myself, dollface." My voice was stern enough that the ones around me backed away from us a bit.

Nicole was still pouring tequila into her mouth, which told me she most likely didn't hear me. But instead of repeating myself, I took matters into my own hands and reached up to grab her hips.

She squealed in surprise and looked down at me, as if checking what the fuck just grabbed her. When she noticed it was me, she offered a smile and her bottle.

"Take a shot, steak!"

I lifted a brow at the drunk girl in front of me. Because what the fuck? "Steak?"

Beaming in pride, she squatted to be more at my level, completely exposing her tiny black panties. If I had a guess, it was one of her thongs.

Groaning, I made sure no other eyes were having a look before taking the bottle from her and hooking an arm around her legs to pull her over my shoulder. She easily budged with another squeal of surprise. Not wanting anyone else to get an unwanted view, I made sure to pull her dress over her ass before carrying her away, out of the game room.

She didn't budge or complain as I carried her back towards my room. If anything, it seemed as if she was knocking out. When her body went limp, I reached up to check for a pulse and sighed in relief when she turned her head to get as comfy as she could.

Yeah, she was wasted.

I was hoping no one went up to my unlocked room now that she wasn't in there for who knew how long. If there was anyone at all in there, I was going to end the party.