Chapter 33

"in case if you haven't noticed yet, Jade is driving me crazy."
Finn spoke as soon as we entered the huge building.
I glanced at him, then looked away, towards the dark corridor behind us.

"yes, I noticed your reactions, Finn."
I said calmly.
"I can't believe this ! I didn't know she was so annoying, but she is ! She always blabs about how she misses Belgium and how it is better that Egypt, and it's just stupid."

My eyes shot up in alarm.
"she said that ?!..eh, wouldn't be the first time."
I shrugged nonchalantly.
"yeah, she did. But for someone who began to like Egypt, I completely disagree with her !"

I smiled at him.
"thanks, Finn."
"anytime- I can't believe I have to kiss her at the final scene ! Can you, like change it or something ?"
He asked.
"sorry, but it would make sense if you two kissed. Plus, we're almost done. It would be all over and Jade is going back to Belgium, you don't have to worry about her after that, so please, try to cooperate."

I assured, with a calming tone. He sighed.
"okay, okay."
I don't know why I looked over his shoulder. But when I did, I saw a figure standing in the hallway. I couldn't recognize him or her, and I didn't want to be shocked by who it was so I looked back at Finn, when I suddenly heard someone calling me.

"Adelle, come outside !"
It was Allison's voice, with a little tone of panic in her voice.
I remembered that I left Ziad with the others while I quickly talked to Finn.

Please don't let it be what I think it is. Please don't make my stupid, paranoid thoughts come true.
I kept thinking to myself as we ran outside, and I sighed in relief when I saw that Ziad was still with them.
"what else are you seeing ?"

I heard Rajwan asking Ziad in a soft voice, and realized that Ziad was seeing something that wasn't truly there like every kid his age.
"what's going on ?"
I asked, standing in front of my siblings, my boyfriend and my small second cousin.

"listen."
Rajwan said softly. I took a look at Ziad, who saw me and pointed at something.
"a girl."
I forced myself to look towards the direction he pointed at, only to find nothing.
"can you describe her ?"

"Tall. Thin. Braid."
He said simply. When I realized something.
He was describing Mariam.
I leaned to his level, holding his small hand.
"what else ?"
"that's all."

He said in a babyish tone, and I looked towards the direction again.
"he's seeing Mariam."
I said quietly, and Barron glanced at me in confusion.
"why..?"
"because kids his age always see ghosts or stuff like that. It's a part of being a kid."

I explained, and they all nodded.
"but, why is she here now ?"
Allison asked.
We all thought for a moment, until it finally hit me.

"I know why."

To Be Continued..

________________________________

Love you guys ! Tell me what you think !