Chapter 71

One Week Later :

Easter Egg Roll Day :

I was typing on my laptop like there's no tomorrow. I had to send this short story to Reedsy.com whether if they wanted it or not. But at the same time I was signing the cast's permissions so they can go home and spend the Easter holiday with their families.

I was using both hands, writing and typing. However, my co-stars kept distracting me.
"Are you done yet ?"
Tenzing asked, groaning in boredom.
"Not yet !"
I yelled back, typing fiercely on the keyboard. Honestly, I would be surprised if I didn't have to change the keyboard later on.

"We really need to go."
Lincoln complained.
"If someone said we need to go one more time, I won't sign anything, and you guys will be stuck here during Easter."
I heard more groans of boredom.
"It's Easter ! We should all be with our families to celebrate. Even you, Adelle."

I rolled my eyes, and kept doing my work.
At that moment, someone walked in.
I didn't look up, because I was almost done with my short story. But I heard this beautiful, familiar voice, and I just had to look at them.

Barron.

"Hey, Goddess. Are you ready to go to the Easter Egg Roll ?"
He spoke.
"Nope. She didn't finish our holiday permissions yet."
Matty answered.
I gave him a death glare, then stood up and walked towards Barron.
"But..you promised."

I felt something shatter inside me. Gosh, I'm such an idiot. How could I forget ?
I glanced into his eyes, only to see sadness.
"I'm sorry, Barron. Really. But I seriously need to finish these permissions.."

He gave me a weak smile.
"It's okay. It's not that important anyway."
He said goodbye, and left after.
I sank into my seat, shocked.
How could I ?

I felt like a jerk.

However, I began to sign the permissions. And soon enough, my co-stars went home. Or to the airport. I don't really care.

Only three were left.
Hayden, Annie and Caden.
I realized that I was too busy to notice that Johnny wasn't there.

Once again, I felt like a jerk.

How could I not notice that one of my best friends wasn't there ?

I, however, was relieved that I was able to finally finish my story in peace without the cast's complaint.

I was almost typing the ending, when Annie's phone rang.

"Hi, Lauren, how are you ?..what ? When ? OK, we're coming right now."

As soon as she hung up, we all glanced at her, waiting for an explanation.

"Guys..Johnny was hit by a car.."

I stared at her for a few seconds, shocked, before my conscious was back. My expression changed to firmness, immediately getting up and running out of the location, the others running, trying to catch up behind me.

"Come on. We need to go. Right now."

To Be Continued...

____________________________

Love you all so much ! Tell me what you think !
Stay safe.