Duffy chapter 1

Working as a driver for a company is rather adventurous. There is never a dull moment when you deal with a bunch of grown men and women. Often times working 12 hour on duty and 12 hour off duty shifts can be interesting. Some have families and its hard to juggle everything when you work those kind of hours. Most of the time they run on just a little sleep and energy drinks. that combination alone can make them rather fun to deal with. They also have to pair up and work 12 hours at a time with just one other person. That too can make for interesting conversations, rumours and pranks. There is also some that can't stand to work with certain people and then that creates some rather interesting incidents.

One of my favorite people I have encountered has to Mr Duffy. How do I describe Duffy. He is 6 foot one. Tall and lean and takes pride in his appearance even in work clothes. He is the most luscious carmel colored skinned man I have had the pleasure meeting.
Dark brown friendly eyes, a genuinely awesome smile, with nice plump red lips, his hair kept short and classy and well groomed. His voice was deep, seductive and he was well spoken. He loved to joke around and make up scenarios about people, just to laugh. His laugh was loud, booming in his chest and infectious once he starts joking around. He is funny and charming and easy to be around. He is also brutally honest about everything. Once he was comfortable around you then there was no stopping him from teasing you mercilessly about a variety of things. The only flaw he had was that he didn't trust women.

His wife of 6 years had cheated on him. If that wasn't bad enough, she had cheated on him with one of the biggest womanizers at work.

It happened after they had a company party. Somehow Celeste met Eric, and that's when it all began. Duffy and Eric both worked for the railroad, but Eric stayed and worked the home job. Duffy worked the on the road job.

Eric convinced Celeste to give him her phone number, and that's when the secrecy began. Eric and Celeste started talking, about nothing really. Eric gained her trust and then it began as quick dinners and movies while Duffy was out working. Eric had convinced her that he was just looking out for her and didn't want her out alone. Eric was basically grooming her so that then he could swoop in and have an affair with her. He took pride in his conquest. He bragged constantly about all the women he slept with. Some of the guys couldn't stand him, and others wished they could be like him.

Eric was a really handsome guy, mid thirties caucasian/Cuban mix, had the darker olive skin. Clean cut preppy look. Like the boy next door, About 5ft 7in and lean, and charming as the devil himself. Clear blue eyes and a southern drawl. He was all of it in a package not many women could resist. The rumors were that he was a stallion in bed so most women wanted to find out for themselves.

Celeste had only known Duffy, she was too trusting and gullible and was an easy target for Eric. She was innocent in the ways of the world really. She had met Duffy just before she graduated high school, Duffy was in college. She fell in love and had eyes for no one else. After dating for a couple of years Duffy proposed and naturally she said yes. Duffy was her first and only man to know her body. She never even craved the attention of any other man. They had started talking about having children after they had been married for a couple of years. That was when Duffy took the railroad job.

Duffy was a hard working gentle husband. He loved Celeste, he would do anything to make her happy. He would lose sleep to make sure he would spend time with her. His efforts must not have been enough for her. Some women just can't handle the hours or the absences of the railroad. No matter how much Duffy tried to prove his love and affections she became more distant the longer he worked there. She also stopped talking about having children and he believes she got back on birth control. He didn't know what else to do.

When she started to act differently when he made love to her, Duffy knew something was wrong. He had some people look into things and even had someone follow her a few times when he had left for work. That's when everything had gone to hell. His friend had seen her with a man at dinner one night. That's when they caught her.