A Special Question (Japan)

His POV:

"Kiku, you have to learn to express your feelings properly. If you don't, the people you love will never know how much you care about them. Please give it some thought."

That was only one of China's many pieces of advice when I visited his home for help concerning (Y/n). They lingered in the back of my mind even after days had passed. They always have been present, especially when I met new humans. And I've met millions in my lifetime. But none like her. As cheesy and overplayed those words are, they're more than true. (Y/n), I will undoubtedly push aside my boundaries and comfort zone for you. And let you know three simple words.

Your POV:

You entered inside the manga cafe you found recently and visited whenever you could. Scanning through the endless shelves of manga to read, you stumbled into the romance/shojo section. Only one person was there, their back facing you. You focused on your things and continued looking. As you shifted towards their direction, you meet the person.

"Kiku?" You said aloud, seeing him carry a stack of manga from this section.

"(Y/n)..?" He stared down at the items he held in his arms. His face flushed bright red. All that he managed to say was, "Sore wa sore ga dono yōnimieru kade wa arimasen. (It's not what it looks like.)"

You giggled. "Hey, I don't judge! Especially not a friend."

His head hung down. "Friend..." He mumbled.

"You alright? How are things going? I meant to contact you, but I wanted to give you space from anything you're going through. Since I can't be of help, sorry." You bowed.

"No, please. Don't do that. It's not your fault."

You stood up straight and smiled. "My help is always here if you ever need it, okay?"

A glimmer of affection shined in Kiku's eyes. He nodded and seized his opportunity. "(Y/n), with your approval, can we... spend the rest of this day together?" There was a moment of silence. "If you're not busy, of course!" He stuttered, feeling embarrassed.

You noticed a slight change in Kiku. However, you couldn't put it in words. "Yes, it'd be a pleasure. About time, Honda."

And so, you two geeks stayed a long time at the cafe talking about different topics and caught up on life. When the sun threatened to set, you and Kiku walked home together. No conversation was exchanged until Kiku stopped.

"What's wrong?" You asked. Kiku pointed at the field near a riverbank in the distance.

"Want to take a short detour?" He asks politely. You notice his hand tremble. As if he was nervous. It made you worry.

"S-sure!" You agreed to the idea.

Walking through the semi-tall grass, fireflies began to light up the dark area.

"Oh, wow!" You exclaimed as one landed on your shoulder. Kiku watched you and felt a throbbing in his heart. Not to mention the enormous knot in his stomach.

"(Y-y/n)?" He spoke up.

You turn to face him. "Yes?"

He took a deep breath. "More than anything, I want to apologize for my harsh attitude towards you. A lot has been on my mind lately, but it's no excuse. Nor will it ever be. It's dishonorable to treat you the way I have. Hurting your feelings... mōshiwakearimasen. (I'm sorry.) " He kneeled directly on the ground and bowed to prostrate himself on the grass.

"Kiku, no! Please, it's fine!" You kneeled right in front of him.

He lifted his head to meet your gaze then looked towards the full moon that sat behind you. You faced where he observed to. "Tsuki ga kirei desu ne? (The moon is beautiful, isn't it?)"

[This phrase is a more poetic way of saying I love you in Japan.]

Kiku spoke softly. Your eyes widened.

"W-what did you say?" He helped you and himself up, holding your hands.

"You heard me," Kiku responded. "What's your response?"

Flustered and caught off guard by this, you could finally express your true feelings as well.

"I can die happy..."

[An appropriately literary response to this.]

You replied, pulling Kiku in for a hug. He didn't hesitate to hug back.

Thus, a beautiful relationship blossomed.

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕