Episode Twelve: Tree (pt. 2)

*Hey guys, the next part will be published today while the next episode will come out next week. This is published on March 1, 2020. If you enjoy this episode, please comment and/or vote. It will be much appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read this and have a blessed day! Enjoy!*

Inside of the tree, critters such as small brown bear cubs known as the Brown Bar-ba-loots, the elegant orange and yellow swans called Swomee-Swans, and the golden fishes named the Humming Fishes, roamed around the place freely. The miniature short man led the group through the living room where there's a long red couch with two stands holding up a lamp on each.

Sam noticed all the animals strolling past them. "So...question. What are all these animals doing here?"

"He's protecting them from Global Warming," Goat teased the short miniature man, with a chuckle.

The man narrowed his gaze at Goat. The stern gaze faded from the man's face while he shifted his attention on Sam. "I'm protecting them from what's going on out there. It seems like every day is getting worse the moment you just stepped out in the open."

"Ya think?! Do you have any idea how many times we're constantly hunted and tracked down by the assassins known as the Ghosts?! They want us dead!" Michael replied in a booming voice.

"I have some sort of an idea of how many times you were all hunted. Especially you, Guy," The man informed Guy, who's standing behind them.

"How do you know my name, Mr. Seer?" Guy questioned immediately, confused.

The man widened his eyes. "Um...my name is not actually the Seer. People call me that for some odd reason. No, my name isn't the Seer."

"Then, what is your real name?" Jean inquired out of the man.

"I'm the Lorax. I speak for the trees," The man, Lorax, introduced himself to the group.

Everyone widened their eyes from the Lorax to understand Jean perfectly without trouble.

"I also speak for animals. Don't act so surprised," Lorax stated, almost like he just read their minds.

"Since when did you ever speak for the trees?" Goat asked with a smirk on his face.

Lorax gave him the deadpan stare while picking up the pot of a small growing truffula tree and put it up beside his ear. "What was that? Oh...uh-huh. Yeah, I see. Hmm, fair point. Yep, I'll make sure to tell them that. Alright, thank you."

Lorax put the pot back down on its place and patted the truffula fur on the tree gently. He shifted his focus on the group and whispered, "It just alerted me that there's something nearby. Hold on." He turned off the lights in his house by flipping the light switch near the front door and then sprinted back to his group. "Stay quiet."

"Don't tell me it's those Ghosts," Michael whispered to the Lorax.

"Probably. Just shush," Lorax shushed the fox.

Sam immediately got out his pistol and aimed it at the front door. Goat took out his rifle and pointed it at where Sam was aiming while standing on his hind legs, which they were wobbling. Goat and Sam exchanged stern gazes at one another as Goat nodded his head for them to approach the windows on each side of the front door carefully. They inched their way towards the window quietly and slowly while everyone else watched. Goat and Sam put their back against the wall while glancing at each other briefly. Goat moved the heavy curtain slightly with his hoof and peeked outside of the window. He noticed four hooded figures exploring the area.

"Ugh, every time," Goat groaned in his mind, which Guy could hear from the distance.

Guy knew what Goat meant. He put his arms over Michael, Jean, and the Lorax to protect them from what's outside.