Chapter Seven: Stuck in love.

“What are we going to do now?” I asked Chris, completely panicked and all he did was shrug.

“Find an inn and stay the night.” He said nonchalantly and anger fled through me.

“You think this is okay? April and Edward are going back today, I have to see them off.” I almost yelled at him.

And, I realized I loved you!

And again he shrugged.

“Words, dude!” I shouted again and Chris gave me the eye.

“Okay, here are the words. You don’t have a choice.” He said and the full meaning sunk in. I was really stuck with him.

“Chris I have to go, can’t we hitch-hike or something?” I asked him and he shook his head, by the looks of him, he looked so … relaxed, like this happened to him every other day and that annoyed me.

“Are you bothered at all?” I demanded and he gave me a smile.

“No.” He said and I gaped at him.

“Is there any motel or inn near here?” I questioned and he nodded.

“About 10 miles.” He said.

“Can you at least form a sentence and answer me?” I demanded.

“Can you stop irritating me with all your crappy questions?” He retorted back and I shut up.

“You know what, you go ahead to the freaking motel, I’ll hitch-hike.” I said and then went to the main road.

“Fine.” Chris said and he actually started going back towards the river. I was shocked.

“You’re just gonna leave me like this?” I called and I heard him laugh.

“Isn’t that what you wanted?” He asked back and I glared at him. He could rot in hell now before I would ask him for help again. I stood stubbornly at the road waiting for any vehicle. None came.

“Shit.” I muttered, and then I remembered, my phone! I hurriedly dished it out …

No signal.

“What?” I gaped at it; it said no signal … double shit.

Chris was sitting at the rock again and throwing pebbles in the river. He really seemed unaffected by the situation and that was really really aggravating.

“You will never get a signal here so glaring at the phone won’t do you good.” I heard Chris shout and contemplated throwing the phone at his head … then I remembered I wasn’t a violent person and this was an expensive phone so I replaced it in my bag.

“I’m ready when you are.” He shouted again.

“Oh, shut up.” I shouted back but my lips were started to wobble and the cold was getting to me, my ears were ringing so bad. Today was a bad day for me all I wanted to do was cry again.

I swallowed the very little pride I had and then walked over to Chris.

“Come on.” I said curtly, Chris stood up and bowed in front of me, the tears came back.

“Chris do not mock me, you don’t know how bloody awful I feel for not being there with Edward and April.” I said and Chris must have seen the tears in my eyes.

“I … look I’m sorry okay, I didn’t plan this did I? You cannot blame me if someone stole my battery all I can do now is take you to a safe place.” He said and I nodded.

“I’m sorry too … for being such an ass.” I said but I was feeling so low. April will kill me definitely, Chris playfully chucked me under the chin and then we started walking.