Chapter Nine: Fear and love.

All night long Chris’s words came back to my mind ‘because I’m totally mad about you’ did he really mean that? The thought almost had me jumping up and down but I couldn’t trust it … I just couldn’t and I couldn’t stay with him too. Secluded, miles away from home with him, it was making it difficult for me.

Whenever I saw him, and I mean whenever, my heart would flip in my chest and when he smiled, it almost pained me physically and his kisses … I don’t even know what to say for them. I was hopelessly in love with him and I couldn’t do shit about it. A little while later Chris told me that his car was serviced and that we could go home and then we hit the road. The ride back was silent Chris only stopped me when we were in the lift.

“Do you wanna go out to dinner tonight?” He asked me and I gulped, I wanted to shout yes at him but I couldn’t, for at least tonight I had to stay away from him. I was going to say no when the lift door opened and I heard a shout.

“Chris open up or I’m calling the police.” A girl was standing at Chris’s door and pounding on it. I looked at Chris and his mouth was hanging open.

“What the hell.” He muttered and then he groaned.

“Sherry, do you wanna break my door down?” Chris snapped at the female and then I realised, this was Chris’s sister not some crazy girlfriend.

Thank you, God.

“Chris you IDIOT! What is wrong with you? Why didn’t you tell me you were going out?” She shouted and Chris and he flinched, he looked … scared?

That was so amusing I giggled and the Sherry turned to me.

“Who are you?” She demanded and I have to confess even though that was a bit rude, I liked her.

“I’m Caramel, Chris’s neighbour.” I said and she grunted.

“Out with the neighbour were you?” She demanded of Chris and then I realised she thought Chris and me had spent the night together!

I blushed and she gave me a knowing look.

“Sherry that’s quite enough and it’s none of your business anyway.” Chris said and Sherry shrugged.

“Oh yeah? It is when you know I’m coming to meet you and you are out ‘having fun’ your neighbour.” She retorted and if that was possible I went even redder.

“Ummm, I think I’m gonna go.” I muttered and before Chris could say anything I opened the door of my flat and went in.

God, Sherry was something! She almost had me hyperventilating!

I was just going to go have a shower when there was a knock on my door. Somehow I knew who it would be and I was sooo bloody tempted to just let them knocking but with a sigh I opened it, and was shocked to see Sherry there.

“Hey.” She said cheerfully.

“Uhhh … hi.” I replied, she was acting like she knew me for ages.

“What made you open the door, I had an impression that you wouldn’t?” she asked me and I smiled.

“I saw how you pounded on Chris’s door and didn’t want mine broken so …” I let it fall when Sherry started laughing.

“Sorry, can I come in?” She asked me and I nodded. She followed me to the dining room and then cleared her throat.

“Okay I wanted to say sorry for my … bluntness earlier and I would like you to come with me and Chris to the pub for dinner.” She said hurriedly and I smiled.

“That’s okay; I was just a bit … shocked.” I admitted and she sighed relieved.

“Then you’re coming with us.” She said happily and I shook my head.