Chapter Five: Trouble

“Congrats,” Harry tells me.

    I smile up at him, “I’m so excited!”

    Harry chuckles at me. I go into my room and change into a suit, then I pack an overnight bag just in case. I head back into the living room to see Harry watching TV. Someone made themselves at home, I think jokingly.

    “What’s the bag for?” Harry asks, eyebrows raised.

    “I can’t leave until my job is done,” I explain to him, suddenly feeling bad because he doesn’t have any way to contact me, nor does he have any other clothes to wear. “We’ll have to get you some clothes when I come back, I don’t have any cash on me. Feel free to borrow some of mine. We’ll get you a MyTab when I get back too.”

    “You don’t have to do that for me Niall,” Harry tells me.

    “I want too though,” I reply stubbornly.

    “You’re going to make it so hard for me to pay you back,” he says.

    “You don’t have to pay me back. I don’t care.”

    “Well I do Niall, can’t you see that?” Harry says, turning to me with desperation in his eyes.

    “Fine,” I sigh, “I’ll see you later.”

    “Bye.”

    I shut the door behind me and begin my trek to the train station. I don’t get why Harry won’t let me buy things for him, it isn’t that big of a deal. I’m just trying to be helpful, plus, it’s not like he doesn’t need these things! He can’t wear only one pair of clothes all of the time, and what if he gets in some sort of trouble? He may need to call me!

    I was still thinking about Harry even when I reached Styles Enterprise. I check my MyTab for my office number as I walk inside. I head up to the fourth floor, office number twenty-six.

    As I walk into my office I suddenly remember that Liam doesn’t know that Harry’s staying with us. It’s too late for me to text Liam, the door being locked and my MyTab being powered off until I finish my job.

    This is not good.

    I push the terrible thoughts from my head of how Liam will react to finding Harry in our home and I pick up the file on my desk.

    We aren’t given the names of the people that we make the pills for, in case we ever happen to meet them, however we do know their gender and their upbringing. I toss my bag onto the cot across from my desk and sit in the chair. My case is a boy, he had a pretty good upbringing, but when his sister died when he was fourteen, his life changed drastically. He started to live a life of crime. Drinking, doing drugs, stealing, he even went as far as stabbing someone in a fight. He’s currently in jail for the stabbing, and he’s been there for almost a year now.

    I press my thumb to the computer screen to unlock it and begin my case. The color pills are assigned randomly to be paired up with our blueprints, as I learned in college.

    I get to work on one, picking out what seems to me what’s fit for the boy. In none of my pills do I make him stay in jail, but hopefully he will realise why he’s getting the chance I’m giving him and want to better himself because of it.

    However, if he chooses to keep doing the things that he’s doing, I add a rehab center as a major milestone in this pill. If he can’t help himself, someone else will have too.

    One of the pills he will have a family and a job so that he can support them.

    None of the pill did I put things in to intentionally hurt him, but whether he hurts himself of not will play a big role in this situation. Since I let him out of jail, he can either keep living that lifestyle and be put back in jail, but eventually he will still get married once he’s let out again. He will get married, but whether the marriage works out or not is up to him.

    I work long and hard, having to make my first assignment the best it possibly can be. I end up working through the night, forgetting about Harry and Liam for a while.

    At least until I’m done with the prints.

    I looked over them twice before I submit them. I then place the case folder in the shute. I don’t know what they do with the files after - surely they don’t need them anymore - but I don’t care enough to stay any longer.

    I make sure that I am presentable before I sling my bag over my shoulder and leave my office. I probably look like I haven’t slept all night, which is true, but I don’t care. I need to get home.

    I don’t have to wait long for the monorail, but I almost fall asleep on my feet. I wake up when I hear people getting on and off the train at my stop.

    I jump off the train and race back to the flat. I’m not sure what time it is, but it is definitely the afternoon.

    I run at a decent pace, watching out for ice and I reach the Water Tower Complex in no time. The elevator can’t move fast enough, and as the doors open to my floor I can already hear Liam screaming.

    I sprint to the door and open it to reveal a scared looking Harry being yelled at Liam.

----------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter! Hopefully the next one will be longer! How mad is Liam? Is he going to allow Harry to stay? What do you think?

Vote,

Comment,

Yadda yadda yadda :)