Chapter Eleven: Home for the Holidays

I stretch and sit up on the couch where I had fallen asleep last night. Zayn is sleeping on the other couch and Louis is asleep on the floor, I don't see Liam either. Zayn and Louis decided to stay over last night because it was so late.

I kick the blanket off of me and onto the floor and I follow my nose to the kitchen. It smells heavenly.

I walk into the kitchen to see Harry and Liam both cooking at the stove, talking in hushed whispers. I am immediately suspicious. I clear my throat to make my presence known and the two jump apart before looking over at me.

"Good morning," I smile and walk over to them, wrapping my arms around Harry's waist. He leans back into me.

"Morning Ni," Liam chirps.

"Morning Love," Harry smiles back at me,

"So what were you guys-" I am cut off from asking them what they were talking about when a yelp escapes my mouth and I jump away from Harry.

"What happened babe?" Harry asks me, a look of worry etched on his face.

I scowl and rub my arm, "Some grease just burned my arm."

Liam laughs and Harry smiles, trying not to let his laughter out.

"S'not funny," I mumble, kicking the floor with my sock clad foot.

"Awe, I'll kiss it better," Harry says, pulling my forearm up to his face. His lips ghost over my arm and his eyes shine with amusement. What a tease.

"Done," Liam announces with a grin, "Ni, will you wake Zayn and Louis while we set the table?"

"Liam, you do know how impossible it is to get those two up right?"

"Yes I do, and that is exactly why I asked you to do it."

I huff and roll my eyes, "Fine."

I make my way back out into the living room and crouch down beside Louis.

"Louis, it's time to wake up," I say, nudging him gently.

Maybe if I take the nice approach he won't be too grumpy.

"Ni, go away. I slept like shit," he says groggily, not opening his eyes. He pulls the blanket up over himself more and rolls onto his other side, away from me.

"Maybe that's because you slept on the floor," I laugh.

"Well that would explain why it's so fucking cold and why my back feels about as stiff as Liam is."

At this point I can't control my laughter. I sit next to Louis laughing as he gets up. He looks like death. Who knew waking him up would be this much fun?

"Hey Lou?" I ask as I stand.

Louis hums in question.

"Wanna help me wake Z?"

His eyes light up with mischief and he is awake now.

"Oh absolutely," he grins.

We end up jumping on the couch that Zayn is sleeping on and singing obnoxiously.

"Z, get up, get up, get up," I yell.

He groans, "Go the fuck away."

"Awe, come on Zaynie, I smell breakfast," Louis yells.

Harry and Liam are watching from the doorway with amused smiles on their faces.

"Then go eat it."

"No. It's a family breakfast," Louis insists loudly. He catches my eyes with his and makes a jumping motion. I nod eagerly with a huge smile on my face. I will probably regret this later.