FIFTH HOUR

"Yes."

Silence followed.

Anastasia didn't dare to turn around. She placed her e-cigaret back into the pocket of her denim shorts hooking it around one of the belt loops.

Breathing out the last bit of visible smoke in her, she closed her eyes and hung her head, waiting for the berating that she was sure she'd be getting sooner or later. She knew she had pushed him too far.

"I'm sorry, Christian." She said in the same defeated voice that she used when she replied to his question earlier. If he wasn't going to speak, she thought she should. "I know it's a word that's way overused for me tonight." She then added. Her breath hitched when she felt him standing next to her in the same position that she was in.

His eyes were focused on the skyline of Seattle before him and far ahead. Millions of thoughts were running through his head yet none of them were even closed to punishing her the way he would do to a submissive. The thought was no longer appealing to him where Anastasia was concerned.

"Do you want me to get out of your house?" She asked quietly, not even daring to gauge his mood at the moment when he had said nothing and indicated nothing since walking in on her with a vape.

"No." Was all he said, it was a short answer without much emotion but she still turned around for the door, thinking that he would want some time to himself to clear his head.

She didn't even took a step away from the railing to the door, his arm came around her mid-section and hauled her back. She felt her back hitting the railing and his other arm around her waste resting on her lower back. He had pinned her against the railing within seconds, and before she could get a coherent word out of her mouth after having all of the air hit out of her lung...

His mouth was on her and his body was pushed against hers.

The kiss was desperate and full of unexplainable emotions.

It ended just as quick as it started.

She didn't even know if she had kissed back or not, but at the moment, she knew she was in no position to speak or make smart-ass remarks.

"Do you want to leave?" He asked, and she shook her head. "Good," he said but he didn't release her, instead, he pulled her into a hug, with his chin resting on her shoulder and later buried his face in the crook of her neck. "We're going to discuss this later." He told her and all she could do was nod in agreement. They had enough secret sharing for one night.

"How did the things at work go?" She asked in a tiny voice, almost uncertain that if she was given permission to talk.

"Not now, Anastasia." He shook his head and that was enough indication for her to know that it went far from well.

Hesitantly lifting her arms up and looping them around his neck, she pulled him closer to her in an attempt to absorb some of the stress that he was feeling at the moment. She knew she had contributed to at least half of them.

"Do you know what Ros told me earlier on the phone?" He mumbled with his chin rested on her shoulder.

"What," she asked, turning her face slightly so she could kiss his hair lightly, offering the smallest support she could.

"She said we looked good together as a couple." He chuckled as if he thought his colleague sounded ridiculous. Anastasia frowned and doubt ran through her body. "Funny that I agreed." He pulled away slightly, and she could see him beaming at her, the previous worries completely wiped away from his face.

"I think she's very observant." She agreed.

"She also said that the look in my eyes reflected my true feelings for you, and that she had never seen me look at anyone the way I look at you."