TWENTY-THIRD HOUR

"This has to be Hannah," Anastasia proclaimed when she heard the song that was set explicit for Hannah. She had heard it a thousand times.

"How do you know that I didn't change her ringing tone?" Luke challenged lamely.

"Don't act like you'll ever use A Thousand Years for any other contacts of yours. No one else deserves that cheesy, sickly sweet romantic song."

"It's not my fault that she loves Twilight."

"No, but it's your fault to not answer her call because I'm sure it's very unlike you to pickup after first ring."

"I don't always pickup on the first ring."

"Just fucking answer it!" She snapped. "Oh, and hallelujah! I don't have to pay for my new car!"

Luke turned around with the phone next to his ear and flipped her the bird before disappearing down the hall to find a private place for that phone call. Anastasia paid him no attention. She twisted in her seat and leaned back so she was using Christian as the backrest. She had long finished her risotto but Christian still had a little bit left.

"I told you that thing's too hot, see you haven't finish it."

"I was preoccupied," he defended himself.

"With what?"

"With you," he nudged her to emphasize his point. "You know, for a person who claimed to hate being under the spotlight, you sure know how to attract attention. That's not to say you attract a hell lot at once, too."

Rolling her eyes, she didn't get a chance to come up with a witty comeback when another phone rang. Anastasia groaned at how busy these people were, she liked her life where everyone knew better than to bother her because she wasn't going to answer. This time it was Jason's. He stood up from the stool shooting her a sheepish look before answering.

"Don't tell me your phone is going to be the next one that rings." She said to her boyfriend, it was just the two of them now. She wasn't expecting a response and he wasn't planning on replying since he was too busy finishing up his last bit of Mac and Cheese.

"Sir," Jason's expression told Anastasia that it was something security related, so she stood up and started to collect the dirty dishes. She didn't do it because she thought she was obliged to clean up after the men but she hated leaving trash everywhere, and she knew she wasn't going to feel like tidying up later if she didn't do it now.

Taking the plastic bag that Jason brought the takeout in, she threw everything back in and tied a knot, leaving it on the kitchen table so she would remember to throw them out later when she leave with Christian.

"The paparazzis are still outside of Escala." He reported and Christian's mood plummeted.

"But we can't hide here forever," Christian thought. "Baby," he called getting Anastasia's attention. "Do you mind going through the crowd?"

"No," she answered, "as long as you don't mind being photographed with me." As an Instagram model she was more than used to her pictures being taken and splashed across the internet. She realized that she had worded it wrong when she saw the incredulous look on his face. "No, I mean I'm used to being pictured, so if you don't mind having a few photos taken and a couple of provocative questions thrown at you, then I'm totally down for it." She corrected herself.

"You're sure you're fine with their invasive tendencies?"

"I'm friends with a pap, I know what they're like. Relax, Christian, I don't get riled up that easily. I'm very good at being ignorant and neglectful when I want to." She reassured, she could see him going on overdrive at the moment worrying about how she was going to accept the invasion and ambush of the swarm of cameras and unfiltered questions.