EPILOGUE

"Christian," she called after a moment of silence.

"Yeah?"

"Can you get me a pain killer?" She asked, her voice suddenly heavily laced with weariness.

"Are you in pain?" He asked, jumping out of his seat.

"Cramp," she explained.

He didn't know much about when it came to women and their mensural cycle, he only knew that it happened approximately every twenty-eight days. He had never seen a girl who would behave differently when they were on their periods, or perhaps it was because he didn't care and had expected his subs to sort themselves out; it was more likely the latter.

He came back with a cup of water and a pill. "You weren't like this all morning, what happened?"

"I had the pill before bed yesterday and then this morning in my heavy state of sleepiness. I forgot to eat one today at Kate's place earlier."

"Does this always happen?"

"You mean apart from my extremely irregular mensural cycle, does cramp always happen? Yeah, it does. It's always the worst on the first day and if I'm lucky I'll be good as new on the second day."

"Then what about your irregular cycle?"

"What about it? Other than the fact that I never have to worry about getting knocked-up and buy the stick to pee on, courtesy to the vasectomy, I am trying to find a doctor who can adjust my hormones a little."

"Try Dr Greene."

"Washington's best?" He nodded. "I can't get an appointment with her."

"I'll get one for you."

"Oh right! I forgot who you are. Yes, I'm glad that you're my boyfriend." She grinned. "Yes, please, can you get me an appointment?" She asked again, this time all jokes aside.

"Anything for you," he chuckled, actually finding his girlfriend cute and adorable at this moment. Notwithstanding, it was short-lived.

"Thank you! Love you, baby." She shot up from her seat and jumped into his lap.

"Have you ever thought of reversing your vasectomy?" He asked out of the blue.

"No, I mean if I want kids I wouldn't get a vasectomy in the first place. What's the point of getting it only to reverse it? Even a sex worker uses an IUD."

"How do you know about prostitutes?" He narrowed his eyes at her.

"I'm a regular visitor to Vegas." She shrugged but he was waiting for her to elaborate before jumping to conclusions. "For their casinos mostly, and also for other outdoor stuff, but it's hard for you to not run into sex workers if you're constantly in the casino, so it's inevitable for me to not have a conversation with them."

"And how did the talk of birth control came up?"

"It just did," she shrugged helplessly, "you're asking for too much here, Christian. I really don't remember a random conversation with a prostitute who I don't even remember the name of or their appearance."

He nodded accepting her words. "So you won't ever want kids?"

"Why are we even talking about this?" She asked, eyeing him with curiosity.

"We both have a vasectomy done when we were eighteen, I was just thinking if that was too much of a rash decision."

"Do you regret it?"

"Hell no," he thought back to the women that he had encountered who would fake their birth control proof with the intention of getting knocked-up by him to trap him.