Chapter Twelve

[Do any of you have book recommendations that I can read here on wattpad? Comment, Vote, Enjoy! ♡]

|Louis|

I silently enter my house, not trying to make a lot of noise. I had accidentally lost track of time and now I was arriving home at 5 pm. Harry had taken me to an arcade then we went out to eat some tacos since it was Harry's favorite food.

"Louis? Louis!" Zayn says as he sees me. Great, this was worst then my mum catching me arriving late.

"Where have you been?! I was worried sick, I thought something happened to you-"

I cut him off "zayn I'm fine" I say walking past him to the kitchen where I knew my mum would be.

"Hello mum" I greet walking towards her placing a kiss on her cheek. Zayn soon appears in the doorway with watery eyes and his fists clenched tight.

"You. Were. With. Him. Weren't you?" He says through gritted teeth making me gulp.

"Zayn if you know why ask" I say calmly as I open the the fridge and take out a soda can. I'm startled by the front door slammed shut making the walls vibrate.

I bang my head on the wall as I let out a loud and long groan.

"What happened sweetie?" My mum asks as she takes a seat on the table and offers the seat next to her to me.

I take a seat and place the soda fan in front of me, no longer wanting to drink it.

"...Zayn...z-zayn is too protected over me and its getting to a point we're it's...annoying" I hesitate as I move around in my seat.

Her eyes soften before offering a sincere smile "Zayn loves you very much and likes protecting you since you're the younger one" she says

I huff irritated "mum, I'm a year younger than him"

She takes notice of my voice of tone and quickly changes the topic "What has he been doing?"

"Well...he keeps me from making friends of my own, he wants to know every where I go, he doesn't even let me walk alone around the school. There's this guy named harry and he's a really nice guy but zayn doesn't let me hangout with him. Today I went out with harry and look at how zayn reacted"

Her face turns into a frown "Isn't harry a lad with curly hair, green eyes..."

"Yeah! Why?"

"Zayn probably doesn't want you to hangout with him because he and harry--"she's cut off by the loud ringing of her phone. She reaches out for her phone and looks down at the screen before standing up.

"Sorry, gotta take this" she apologizes as she rushes out of the kitchen.

I sit there confused. What was she gonna say?

I had so many questions in my head that sadly I didn't have the answer too like what we're zayn and harry talking about earlier? Why didn't they want me to know who that 'he' was? Why did harry run away?

Was it possible that I was the 'he' they were talking about?

I needed to rest, I had to stop thinking about this or then it would drive me crazy.

As I'm passing by my mum's bedroom I hear the conversation she's having with the person on the phone.

"...no...you can't just came back like nothing happened...do I have to remind you that you left?! for God sakes!...I won't let you...that won't happen, i-it can't...why are you doing this to me?...you promised...I won't tell you...rot in hell" she hisses. I move closer to the door and peek through the small crack. She's sitting down in the edge of the bed while sobbing into her hands.