I am Uzumaki Naruto, Your New Teacher!

Naruto's POV

It is 6:30am in the morning and it is the start of a fresh day. Or rather, today is an important day for me. It is my first day of work as an english teacher! I wore a neat, white shirt with a tie ( hopefully not choking myself ) and combed my hair. I bought a steamed bun from the nearby convenience store as I head towards Konoha High. My new workplace until who knows when.

The school gates are already open, and there are actually students arriving early. Well, just a scarse number. I entered and took off my shoes, putting them in a specific locker just for teachers. I headed upstairs to the first floor, where the staff room was. I took a deep breath and opened the door. A girl with pink hair saw me and greeted me.

"Good morning! You must be the new teacher, Uzumaki Naruto-san right?" she asked

"Ah yes, good morning!" as I smiled.

"I'm Haruno Sakura, the science teacher here. Your seat is right over there, next to the Shikamaru-san the History teacher." as she pointed towards the place.

"I see, thank you."

"The list of timetables and classes are already on the table. You've already been informed of the schedules and all that important stuff right?"

"Yeah, I'll ask you if I need anything. Until then." as I bowed and headed to my desk.

I sat down and placed by suitcase under the table as I started to read the piles of paper on my desk. It took me a while to get through everything. By the time I finished, it was already 7:30am. Class is going to start soon. Because I was too focused on reading, I didn't realize that other teachers have already arrived.

"Hey, new guy" said a voice from behind.

"What?" I asked as I turned around. A tall, slim man with medium black hair looked at me.

"I'm the head of English here. Make sure you do a good job today" he said as he left.

"I have a feeling that guy is gonna be annoying" I mumbled as I packed up to teach my first class in the morning.

"Don't mind him, he just has a lot of pride" said a man with a spiked ponytail.

"Who's that guy anyway. And wait, you heard me?"

"That's Uchiha Sasuke. He's son of the famous Uchiha Mines Company. Talk about rich sons." he shrugged as he sat at the desk beside mine.

"I'm Shikamaru, I teach History. Boring...history" he mumbled.

"I see, nice to meet you Shikamaru!" I said.

"Well, you have class now don't you? Good luck in there." he smiled as started to fiddle with the stuff on his desk.

I soon left the staff room and headed upstairs. Crowds of students were scattered in the hallways, most of them noticed me, the new teacher. I could hear their silent whispers of gossip as I walked down the hallway, looking for Class 2-A. I found the class after going past five classrooms, the door was already opened. I took a deep breath and entered.

"Okay guys! Sit down, class will start soon!" I shouted as the class was very noisy.

The students stared at me at a sudden silence and went back to their seats. I could still hear their whispers. "What? You never seen a teacher before?" I asked them. The class laughed and one of the students said "No sir, there were just rumours saying that the new teacher was a really fierce man".

"I see. Well, you don't have to worry!" I said in an assuring manner.

"My name is Uzumaki Naruto! I will be your new english teacher!" as I smiled. Hopefully, this erased the image of a "fierce, strict new teacher".

Very soon after, I begun my lessons. Teaching was fun as I learned more about my students, cracking jokes and making fun of them. However, I had to repeat the same process for the next two lessons which were in different classes but I didn't mind. Very quickly, noon arrived. The moment the bell rang, everyone screamed " LUNCH TIME! " and ran towards the canteen.

For me, I sighed in exhaustion as I head towards the staff room where they were holding a celebration for me. The so-called "arrival of our new co-worker" party.

"You're late Naruto!" said Sakura as she pushed me into the room.

"Welcome to Konoha High!" said all the teachers as they greeted me.

"Thank you, I will work hard for the school" I said as we started to eat the food on the table. There were noodles, rice, fried food just about anything.

Today, I've learned more about my co-workers as well. Sakura is ( according to the students ) the scary science teacher who beats her students up. Students call her the Demon Queen. Shikamaru is a history teacher who teaches quite sloppy. He doesn't really care much about his job. Sasuke is a "so-called" handsome english teacher who had female students swooning over him. Tsk, no wonder he's so full of pride.

As for the others, Hinata teaches maths. A sweet, kind woman. I actually feel comfortable being around her. Ino teaches art and shes really fascinated towards flowers. Chouji is a Geography teacher but he gets really mad when his students poke fun about him being "fat". Rock Lee is an energetic PE teacher who loves to motivate his students, Tenten is also teaches PE. Neji teaches Japanese Literature and Kiba teaches Japanese.

That pretty sums up the people I'm going to stay with for a while. However, there may be others who I haven't met yet. Soon, the party is quickly finished as classes will start. One by one, the teachers disperse and soon, the staff room is quite empty. However, I don't have any classes for today so I headed to my desk to rest. I looked around and saw Hinata writing something at her desk. She seems really focused.

At that moment, Hinata caught me looking at her. In order to not make it awkward, I asked "What are you writing over there? You look really into it" as I smiled. "I'm solving some maths problems" she said softly. "Oh, can I have a look at them?" I asked as I went over to her desk.

I looked at the paper that had complicated formulas written all over. I stared at the paper for a really long time. "It's okay if you can't solve it" giggled Hinata as she tried to take the paper from my hands. "Actually, English don't go well with Maths" I said as I chuckled. I silently observed Hinata solving the equations, her handwriting was neat and easy to read. Definately, a girl's handwriting.

"Um, don't you have other work to do?" Hinata asked softly as I saw her cheeks turning a light pink. I soon realized that I was too close to her until I could feel her breathing. I blushed as I quickly moved away. "Right, I forgot!" I said as I quickly went back to my desk.

After that, there was a long silence. There were only the two of us at the staffroom that day. Time continued to pass and soon, school hours have ended. I woke up from my nap to see Shikamaru and Sasuke around. "Finally woke up eh?" said Shikamaru as he was busy doing something at his laptop.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"2:30, school ended long ago."

"That late huh?"

"Why don't you get some fresh air Naruto? You've been sleeping at the desk for more than an hour now"

"Alright, I'll do that then" I said as I got up and stretched my back. I could hear my muscles squirming. I headed out to the school's garden.

As I strolled the garden, I could see two familiar faces sitting under a tree at the far corner. It was Sai and Ino, the two art teachers at school.

I sat down on a bench, pretending I was doing something else as I quietly observed. The two were giggling, probably over a joke or something and suddenly, Sai held Ino's hands. I asked myself "Why am I even doing here". Soon, they kissed! I blushed and looked away. I didn't know those two were "in" that kind of relationship. I stood up and walked away. I pretended I saw nothing. Nothing at all.

I soon arrived at the school field where enthusiastic students exercised. I could easily hear the loud, energetic yells of Lee. I looked around and saw Kiba lying on the field of grass. I thought to myself "Why are all the teachers in this school so relaxed?" as I continued walking. Soon, I actually took a walk around the school before coming back to the staff room to take my bag. It's time to leave.

Before I could open the door, I could hear an argument going on. What's going on?