23 : Just That.

Isn't it the worst when you have such a terrible headache that you don't feel your head anymore? 

Yeah, Ryujin is having that. She grips her head in an attempt to alleviate the pain, but her legs feel wobbly. Her eyes are unable to focus on the buttons in front of her as she tries to punch in the passcode of her dorm.

She doesn't even know how she ended up with this headache. Then again, today was a rough day, Jihyo's text still floating in her mind. 

"I'm back." She mutters to herself, knowing that Beomgyu must be asleep by now. She doesn't have the strength to face him anymore. A lot has happened and she's not sure of what to feel. 

She removes her shoes, not bothering to put them in the rack, making her way straight to the kitchen as always. 

But he is awake, she stops midway when she sees his figure near the toaster, wearing his black sleeveless t-shirt with a thin layer of sweat shining on his arms indicating that he must be working out at such an ungodly hour of night. 

His bread pops out of the toaster when he looks back at her. She gulps, it's all too familiar with the second night of hers in this dorm. The same awkwardness, the same resistance, all back to square one.

Her skin burns everywhere he had touched it with his lips, the ghost of his breath still fresh on her neck and the imprints of his hands on her thighs still red. But he doesn't need to know that.

He tears his eyes away from hers, taking the toasted breads out. She figures out that he didn't have a proper dinner because well, she was not present during the dinner time.

Her wolf mewls in agony thinking about the alpha not eating properly but she dismisses it like she has always done. Only if she listened to it since the first day.

Shaking her head, she's sure she needs to have a grip on herself. 

If Beomgyu wants to have this game then Ryujin will fucking play it.

"You need to learn how to make yourself a proper dinner." She says, voice devoid of any emotion as she walks to the fridge. 

He stops plating his toast for a moment, grits his teeth before continuing. "You don't need to worry about that."

She doesn't reply for a few seconds, walking over to the tap to mix normal water with the cold one. Doesn't need to worry? Who is Beomgyu to decide what she needs to worry about and what not? 

The omega grows annoyed, head still throbbing. "I'm leaving this place after my match so you really need to learn to cook bec—"

"I'm not fond of living with you anyways." His lie cuts her off bluntly, sits on one of the dining chairs while spreading the jam on his toast and eating the first slice. 

The space falls silent at that, with Ryujin unable to register what he said. The statement clears a lot of things at once, he never wanted this, it was a compromise between the two in the first place. She wasn't supposed to fall, feelings weren't supposed to clash. 

His scent is bland — literally. The chocolate seems like it's not feeling anything, doesn't give off anything. It's not even sweet, just dull. It infuriates her. What does he fucking want?

"You can't just say that after what you did today." She fists her hand, accusing him with her sentence.

It is true as well, how can he go from kissing her senseless to saying that he doesn't want her? She is being hypocritical. But she needs answers. This can't go on like this, it needs to end for once and all.

"What did I do today?" He asks, unaffected, still eating his toast. 

Oh so we are off to playing dumb now?