18 : Warmth.

Beomgyu has his eyes closed as he is leaning his forearms on the lower wall, letting the cold wind blow his hair.

Sometimes, he really wants to stay like this, under the dark sky, away from any noise, breathing in fresh air, no tension in the world. He enjoys it the most.

A smile falls on his lips when he hears the huge iron door opening with a weird sound, followed by a few grunts.

He doesn't need to look back to tell who it is, only a person who has never been to the terrace doesn't know how to open the door properly.

"That door is rusted as fuck," Ryujin says, dusting her hands while she steps in his direction. Her eyes widen at the sheer size of the place. "Woah, this place is huge."

He hums, opening his eyes to see her as she now stands on his left side. He smiles cheekily, "Tell your granddad about it."

"He's the trustee of the university, not the dorm services," she laughs.

The view in front of her is mesmerizing. The side of the terrace on which they are standing has a beautiful cityline, the other having vast expanse of green playground.

"Can't believe it's October already."

"I know right.." Beomgyu responds, releasing a shaky breath.

April marked the beginning of an unexpected chapter for Beomgyu and Ryujin, a month that saw them becoming roommates. Funny how everything is so crystal clear in his mind. If you had told him seven months earlier that he would be falling for Ryujin, he would've laughed at your face.

But now he just wants to laugh at himself. Love, in his experience, is anything but the elaborate spectacle often portrayed in movies and books. It's not a grand revelation or a lightning strike. For him, it's so simple. You don't need any angel to come tell you, love just — happens.

"Time flies fast."

She nods, stuffing her hands in her hoodie's pocket. "What was it?"

"Huh?" Beomgyu's brows furrow as he turns to her, caught a bit off guard.

"I'm talking about your text," she clarifies, tearing her eyes from the captivating scene around them to lock onto his. Even in the absence of sunlight, her eyes are a breathtaking shade of brown, the most beautiful Beomgyu has ever seen.

Naturally, he looks away. "My mom."

Ryujin sports a confused smile, head tilting to the side, "What did she say that got your mood this sour? Your chocolate scent feels like it has grown fungi in it."

Beomgyu, however, shakes his head, dispelling any notion of his mother being the cause. "No no," he clarifies, his hand waving dismissively. "She was just asking me how I am. It's just, I got reminded of certain things seeing her text."

Her eyes are still fixed at him. "Things as in?"

"Me." He licks his lips out of nervousness. He doesn't even know whether he should be telling her all this, but damn those jasmines. Scrambling through his mind, he tries to find appropriate words to describe what he means. "A reality check of myself."

"Wow my Shakespeare," she laughs, amused. "Care to explain this thought-provoking sentence to a peasant like me?"

A sad smile tugs on his lips, weighing the consequence of his words, until he decides to fuck it and tell it to her. "I get reminded of me, that, that I'm actually quite worthless." He sighs. "That I don't deserve what I have."

"Gyu.." Ryujin's heart sinks when she registers his words, instantly releasing comforting pheromones. She wonders if everything is okay at his home. But from what she has heard, his parents are really nice so she's not sure where is that coming from. "You don't know what you're saying."