16 : Bittersweet.

Ryujin sighs. 

All her life she has thought she was a brave woman. Never once she ran away from her problems, her 'fight' mode always activated in her flight-or-fight instinct. 

As an omega, that is difficult in society, it is difficult to find an omega like her, and she is proud of it too. It has taken her a lot of time to build what she is today. She's been the toughest, even so more than her sister, her mom usually ended up saying she has two alpha daughters. 

So yes, she was brave. 

Until Choi Beomgyu happened ofcourse.

She knew he is a trouble for her the moment she met him for the first time two years ago, when her instincts kept telling her to stay away otherwise it will not be good for her. 

But she never realised that her gut meant it in some other way, and not what she perceived, which made her maintain her distance from that alpha. 

And then it all came down to shambles when they became roommates, or whatever they are today.

"Confess before it's too late."

Chaeryeong's words echo in Ryujin's mind like a prick while she takes small but tentative steps in the long corridor, coming back from her evening practise. 

As expected, her heat lasted for five days and Beomgyu's rut for eight days. So she basically had to spend those three days alone in their dorm, with occasional visits of her omega friend. 

In theory, staying away from Beomgyu, an alpha in the midst of his rut, should have been an ideal scenario for Ryujin — but it wasn't. She couldn't fathom it at first, but the undeniable truth is too difficult to deny — she missed him.

Now, according to that, she should be happy that he's coming back today. (Well, he must have already came back and is probably at his room). But she isn't happy about it too. Why?

Because she never thought that her feelings for him — which she likes to label as infatuation, would slap her right across the face like that.  

"Believe me, you like him," Chaeryeong says softly, her voice carrying a gentle insistence as she helps Ryujin pull her t-shirt off. The room is enveloped in a mix of warm jasmines and the lingering scent of sweat, thanks to the omega's heat.

This was perhaps the last thing Ryujin wanted to hear in this state, mind already pre-occupied with a lot of things.

"Noooo," she attempts a growl to scare her friend away from saying bullshit stuff but it comes out as a mewl, the effort strained by her present state.

Chaeryeong rolls her eyes and wipes the excess sweat off her friend's half naked figure. "You do."

"I don't!"

"You dooo~" Chaeryeong asserts, her actions deliberate and caring. She switches the air conditioner to the lowest temperature, recognizing that Ryujin is practically burning, her cheeks flushed a vibrant shade of red.

"C'mon Ryujin, how long will you deny it? Have you got no idea how much staying away from him is affecting your wolf? We both know the truth, just accept it please." Ofcourse it is true, the omega has constantly been whining Beomgyu's name since the moment her heart started, this was exactly the rubber stamp Chaeryeong needed to confirm.

"No I don't!" Ryujin protests, her defiance overshadowed by the evident discomfort of her heat. As she ducks her head amidst the pile of clothes, her makeshift nest, her instincts kick in. Her nose instinctively searches for his sweater, the one item that carries the comforting scent of Beomgyu.