Chapter 9

"Me too." I admitted, blushing when he laughed.

"I didn't want to rush you."

"It was perfect." I replied, getting on my toes to brush my lips over his quickly.

"Come on, Jake and Bella are waiting. You know, now I don't want you to go." He said when we started walking again.

"I don't want to either but this isn't my place right now. You have alpha things to do, they need you. Harry's family needs you."

"You're perfect."

"Far from it, just realistic."

We walked in a comfortable silence after that, our fingers linked with his warmth just spreading out from our hands. It sort of radiated through me and made things seem brighter around me despite the gloomy weather. When we arrived at Harry's house the energy was somber. Dad half smiled when he saw us but it didn't reach his eyes. There was a girl inside next to my dad, a beautiful girl, her glare bore a hole through us but it was quickly replaced by pain and grief. That must be Leah.

I walked over to my father and hugged him. I don't remember much of the reservation because after we left I didn't really come back with him but to remodel the house with mom. These are some of his best friends, men that he grew up with and shared life secrets with. This loss is devastating to all of those around because Harry was just the type of man that everyone loved.

"Sue, Seth, Leah, this is my daughter." dad said.

Leah's head popped up at this and I could see the shock. It was replaced by anger and then by pain again.

"I wish the circumstances were better, I'm so sorry for your loss. Harry was nothing but nice and accepting of me. He was an amazing man and his loss will be felt by many." I told them.

"It is a pleasure and thank you." Mrs. Clearwater said.

Seth and Leah turned away quickly, walking out of the room.

"Dad, did you say the prayer?" I asked.

"No, I couldn't do it." he admitted. "Sue knows what we are."

"Do you mind if I say a quick blessing?" I asked her.

"Go ahead."

"Can I hold something of his?"

"He was so excited that you're here." she sniffled, handing me his hat and holding my hand.

"Beloved lost soul, may the eternal and unwavering light of your soul ascend to the highest levels of air and earth. Go now and leave the pain and turmoil behind, your soul is free. May fire burn your new path and water clear the way for ease of flight. In accordance with your free will, so mote it be." I finished.

"That was beautiful, he would've loved it." Mrs. Clearwater whispered, sniffling.

"I'm so sorry for your loss. May the elements ease your pain and help you heal."

"Thank you sweetie."

"That was really nice." dad said.

"I learned from the best."

"What are you gonna do now?"

"I don't wanna make anyone uncomfortable, so I'm heading home. I'll see you later."

"Alright, I'll see you later."

I walked out of the house and found all of the pack, sans Jake. I wrapped my arms around Sam's waist and he wrapped his around my neck, resting his chin on my head. The guys all smiled at us and Emily went over to her cousin who stared at us and openly sobbed in her arms. I know what it's like to lose a parent but I doubt that she wants to speak to me.