Chapter 43

He grabbed both of our bags and went straight to his room while I walked into the kitchen. My kitchen at home is large and I love it but there's something just perfect about these small homey kitchens on the res. I can see myself waking up every morning and cooking breakfast in the kitchen at Sam's house. It's not such a faraway thought anymore. I ended up making creamy chicken and mushroom soup with carrots and celery.

"Babe, that was delicious." Sam said as we sat on the sofa after dinner.

"Thanks, it's the first time I made it."

"So what do you want to do?" he asked, rubbing my legs that were laying on his lap.

"I think we should be productive. Let's start cleaning and I want to make a crib, I need to buy the materials and leave it unfinished until she knows what she's having and decides on a color."

"Ok, I'm sure I can find someone to lend me the tools. As a matter of fact, I might just buy them myself as an investment." he smiled.

"When do you plan on starting your business?"

"We're already planning to take the rest of this year to plan everything out carefully, especially with that business plan we worked on, and hopefully, start early next year. We are going to pool our resources and start buying smaller pieces of equipment. Then we'll apply for a business loan, start small and grow from there."

"Sounds like a plan. I've been thinking about school again."

"What about it?"

"I want to go to school but I'm thinking about something related to your business." I smiled.

"Architecture?" he asked.

"Yeah, I think it'll be good. Then I can minor in interior design online and we'll have the full effect. Drawing, construction, and design afterward."

"You don't . . ."

"I know that I don't have to, but I want to. I can still draw in my free time." I told him.

"You're amazing."

"I'm not."

"I beg to differ." he insisted, pecking my lips.

"Agree to disagree, so where do you want to start cleaning?"

"Yeah, we can start to clean tomorrow because I have a plan for tonight." he said, pulling me by my legs, lower on the sofa.

"Really? What plan . . . mm . . ." I moaned softly when I felt his lips on my neck.

"I'm gonna make sure you relax." he smirked, pulling my shirt up and over my head.

When he came back down, I wrapped my arms around his neck and pour everything into the kiss when he pressed his lips to mine. Some time later, we were laying on the sofa, Sam on his back and I was laying on his chest. The pros of being smaller than your boyfriend. He was playing with my hair and it's lulling me to sleep.

"Have you ever thought about getting more tattoos?" I asked.

"A few times, but this isn't a tattoo, it's a tribal mark. Have you thought about it?"

"I know it's a tribal mark, silly, I was just curious, and yes, I've thought about it a few times but dad doesn't like tattoos, so I would have to wait until I move out. What were you thinking of getting?"

"Something shifter related or culturally appropriate. What about you?" he asked.

"Something element related and a tribute to mom. Let's play 20 questions." I suggested.