Chapter 36

The hours passed quickly and soon it was getting dark with no sign of the guys. That's good, it means they are taking this seriously but the silence makes me anxious. After multiple attempts by Emily to get me to stay, I took off. As I drove, I caught sight of the black alpha wolf running in the forest so I stopped before the treaty line. He disappeared for a second but came back in human form. I parked the car and walked over to him, wrapping my arms around his waist. Sam hugged me tightly and kissed my forehead before I tilted my head back for a proper kiss.

"Be safe, please." he said.

"Will do. How was your day?"

"Stressful, dirty, tiring, but they want to keep going for a few more hours."

"Really? Why?"

"Because of you."

"What?"

"When they heard what you said to me, it lit a fire under everyone's ass." he smiled.

"I . . . well that's shocking."

"You weren't wrong in anything that you said, and now we're more prepared."

"That's good, how is Leah handling all of this? The redhead caused Harry's heart attack."

"Leah's training hard, she's very determined."

"She's got this, all of you do. Now go back to your - our brothers, prepare for the battle, and I'll see you tomorrow." I told him.

"Are you sure you don't want to stay?"

"Of course I want to stay, but I can't. Go, be alpha."

"You go first, I'm gonna follow you, make sure you make it home safe." he said.

"Go be with the guys."

"They know where I am and they're all okay with it."

"Now I know that's a lie." I giggled.

"Not funny."

"Just a little."

"Alright funny girl, get in the car. The Cullen's are on Forks watch tonight so don't be surprised if you see one of them lurking around."

"That's just wonderful . . . alright, I'm leaving."

I got on my toes for another quick kiss and then turned to my car. By the time I reached the vehicle the black wolf was watching me. I got home quickly enough and Sam took back off into the trees only after I was inside the house. Dad got home about an hour after me. I'm not really in the cooking mood so I just made him a huge sandwich with chips on the side.

"Are you okay, sweets?" He asked.

"I'm worried."

"It's a lot to handle, especially for someone so young. It's a lot for anyone, I have all of the faith in the world in the pack."

"I want to believe that."

"Why don't you?" He asked me.

"Because they're a bunch of teenagers with a hatred for vampires that was stuffed down their throats. They're all excited to fight but they've never been up against the likes of newborn vampires, let alone a group of them. The Cullens themselves said that the newborns are the strongest vampires because they still have their own human blood lingering through their veins and that scares me."

"It's different, more so than anything they've ever gone up against, that much is very correct. You have to have faith in them, have faith in Sam." he said.

"I do have faith in them, I'm still worried."

"You love them all, it makes sense that you're worried. Just don't let it cloud your judgment, you need to keep your head clear."