Chapter 18

"Is she staying tonight?" I asked my dad when nurse Emma ventured off to the bathroom.

"How would you feel if she did?" he replied, the tips of his ears getting all red.

"I want you to be happy, more than anything in the world that's what I want. Nurse Emma makes you happy, so I'm happy. If you want her to stay, I'm more than okay with it."

"I love you, sweets." he said, hugging me.

"I love you more, dad."

"That's not possible but I digress. Are you going back to the res tonight? It's still early." he asked.

"Wasn't planning on it since I spent the night but I think I will, and it'll give her some time to get used to being here with you."

"Speaking of . . . how was . . . um . . . "

"Not going there! He was the utmost gentleman when he got there in the middle of the night, I am a virgin and that's all I'm saying on the topic." I said, feeling my ears get hot.

"I knew I liked him and uh, I didn't really want to talk about it either. I trust you and I trust him to be careful with you."

"I just wish he could come here too."

"Damn vampires."

"For the time being, I'll have to keep going to the res. I'm okay with that." I told him.

"It won't be like this forever, at some point they will leave." he said, hugging me again.

"I'll see you later."

"You've got school tomorrow morning so no spending the night again." he told me.

"Wasn't planning on it, I'm gonna go shower and then head out. You'll probably be asleep . . . or not asleep . . . when I get back."

"Go!" he shouted as the tips of his ears started to get red.

I texted Em while I walked upstairs and she said the guys weren't there but I'm gonna go anyway. Em and I enjoy spending time together and I feel bad that she's alone most of the time with all of the guys gone and no other girls there. I mean, if I'm being honest, I spend more time with Emily than I do with Sam. In a few months, it'll change though, her loneliness will be over and I know she'll be a great mom. I'll be there to support her as much as I can.

Grabbing my things, I took another quick shower to get rid of the food smell before leaving. I pulled on a black tube top with thin straps, white sweatpants with a black and white checkered design down both sides, black sneakers, and I tied a black oversized button-down around my waist. Sam likes it when I leave my hair loose so I tend to do that more often than not.

 Sam likes it when I leave my hair loose so I tend to do that more often than not

"Hey! Look at you! I didn't expect to see you again or looking like that." she said.

"This is nothing. Dad's having a mini date and she's spending the night so I decided to leave them. He asked if I was going to come back and since it was early I took him up on it." I replied.