The Devil Wears Pink

Back to you- Selena Gomez

He was smiling,his perfect white teeth on display.

"Angel, you're going to have to come in." He said as he came towards me. I took a step back and I saw the frown that replaced his smile. But he shook his head,his face emotionless.

"You might catch a cold or something."he added, grabbing my hand and taking me into his house.

He told me to take a seat and he dropped the spatula on the kitchen counter before rushing up the spiral stairs.

I didn't want to sit in the loveseat beside the door,nor the blue recliner he bought particularly because of me.

I looked at the picture frame on the coffee table of us during winter formal. The theme was "Crazy Bahamas" and mehnnnn did we dress crazily.
My spaghetti strap bodycon dress  had a slit that came all the way ,mid-thigh.It was a bright baby blue and Rol was wearing a navy blue tux. His hands around my waist as we both smiled into the camera for Kir to take our picture.

I was lost in my train of thoughts that I didn't see him when he came back down.

"Angel"he called out to me and I turned immediately to face him.

"You don't get to call me that anymore" I finally said.

"But you're my Angel,and you're still mine"he said so arrogantly I wanted to punch him. But his face is so pretty.

"Yeah right"I whispered."I heard that" he spoke as he came towards me ,his torso now covered in a pink sweatshirt. His abs still prominent because of the layer of sweat on that area.

"What do you want?"he said dragging me into the loveseat with him.

I wanted to get away from him but I couldn't.I didn't want to look into his forest green eyes but he wasn't having it.

He reached for my chin and tilted it"We only broke up not become each other's  arch nemesis"

"I loved you"he said and I looked into his eyes,the was this glint in his eyes but it vanished as quick as it came.

"I still do but somethings had to happen" he paused as though he was calculating his next utterance."My happiness had to be placed on hold for you to be safe"he said,his voice softening as he said "safe".

His hand was now on my right cheek, caressing it and my eyes screw shut from the pleasure that alone gave me.

"I know we still love each other but I also know you're not here to confess your love for me" he looked away"again,that'll be too pathetic of you"

That annoyed me,no it made me livid,even beyond livid. I wanted to hit him or something but I held back.

"What's with you and this violence?" Little R decides to speak finally

I wasn't talking to you

"We all know you can't even hit a bug to save your life"Little R draws out laughing

I decided to ignore her and reply Mr.You Are Mine in front of me.

"I'm sorry that still being in love with you makes me pathetic.

Or staring at you makes me stupid because you like a damned sausage I could eat all day.

And I'm not here to tell you how much I love you,even a four year old can tell that.

I'm here to ask you why you keep calling Kir,at odd hours."

"So, a damned sausage huh?" he said suggestively

"Really, Rol" I said slightly disappointed that he still wanted to make fun out of my obvious embarrassment.

"That's all you could pick up from the lengthy piece I just recited"

"So we doing recitals now?"he replied mockingly.

I looked at him blankly, clearly not entertained.

"Okay fine"he said raising his hands in mock surrender.

"Come",he said as he dragged as down to the carpetted floor.

"I'm going to tell something I'm not supposed to but what can I say,I never do what I'm supposed to"he pauses and just holds my stare "It wasn't my idea to break up with you,or even to do it the way I did.

I didn't suggest it to be on your birthday but then also I didn't suggest anything."

"I've wanted to tell you everything, that's why I kept calling Kir cause I knew she was with you. Taking my spot for movie night"

I quirked my eyebrow at that. How he knew that,beats my imagination. But I decided not to question him until he was done with his rant.

He realized my questioning face and tsked
"I asked her to be there for you,since I couldn't. She would have done it anyways, I just wanted to make sure of it"

"And I loved you, Angel I still do. But you know I've always been the Devil and only you can save me.You always used to say if you were an angel then you were one just like me. But then I'm not an Angel, I'm the devil."

He looked at me pleadingly as though my silence was killing him.

"Yeah, you're right you're indeed the devil."I spat out angrily.

He flinched, like he was scared out of his mind.Like he thought I was going to refute his proclamation of being the devil that he is.

"You're not human,gheeze you never were and I feel stupid cause you told me on so many occasions that you were the devil but I wouldn't believe it.  

And I read something about the devil and now I know it's true."

I paused for dramatic effect
"I do believe now that.... The Devil Wears Pink."

'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'
Hey there!
So I've been a bad person, I mean not updating and sh**. And I can't even lie that I've been busy just lazy.

So here you go, a chapter to say I'm sorry for being a sh*tty author.

So like,comment and vote.
Share to your friends also. You can reach me on ig,@_n.h.y.i.r.a_
So we talk or email me and I'll reply as soon as possible.

Thanks for the love🦄