Rather Be

It's been a few days since me and Calum's fail tuition day. He has been ignoring me ever since, I message him no response, sometimes he doesn't even show up for class. What did I do? I've scared him away but I just wanted to be his friend, but in a way maybe more.
Walking to math class takes me a long time now, I don't have Luke to walk with anymore, I don't know whether he doesn't want to be friends with me anymore but I never see him around.
I sat down in my usual seat and looked around the room, all the usual people in class at the moment. Until Luke walked through the door and a smile immediately spread across my face, I felt my dimples pop out even more then they usually do. I jumped out of my chair and walked over to him
"Luke" I smiled but he carried on walking to his chair. "Hello" I waved my hand in front of his face.
"Just fuck off" he whisper shouted to me "whoever the fuck you are just fuck off" he waved his hand in my face whacking my cheek. It wasn't hard but it still hurt.
"Oh my god Luke" I clutched my cheek. He immediately looked up at me.
"Grace I am so sorry, I'm just not myself" I saw the tears rimming his eyes and his red puffy cheeks.
"Luke what happened?" I rested my hand on his shoulder and led him to his seat and sat next to him. "You can tell me"
"I'll tell you after school" I nodded and got up and went back to my seat.
The door opened and I expected it to be Calum but again I got my hopes up, it was just my teacher.
"Afternoon everyone! Today we're doing equations" I tried to smile at her but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Miss looked at me with a sympathetic look but I just ignored her.
She got everyone started with the work and started walking over to me.
"Grace are you okay?" she said quietly.
"Yeah" I fake smiled.
"Don't use that act on me"
"Fine, okay I'm not" I shook my head whilst I tried not to let the tears fall.
"Would you like to stand outside?" she asked, I lightly nodded my head. I grabbed my bag and stood up which made everyone look at me. Their eyes staring right deep into my flesh and into my soul where they were judging me but they don't know me, they haven't spoken to me.
I walked to door and closed it behind me. I waited outside for a bit but I decided I need to go home. I need alone time. I walked out the front doors and went to the bench that me and Calum sat on when we talked before our fail tuition lesson. Everything seems to lead back to Calum. Fuck my feelings for Calum I don't even know how I feel towards him anymore.
I was brought out of my thoughts by a light tap on my shoulder.
"This seat taken?" somebody asked. I shook my head not even bothering to look at the person. I felt the bench shake slightly as the person sat down. I heard their breathing become heavier as if they were crying or they just did excersice. I looked at the person and it was Calum.

Wait Calum?
"Calum" I whispered. He looked at me with red bloodshot eyes and tears rushing down his cheeks.
"Grace, I fucked up" his tears fell faster and I couldn't help but hug him, he hugged back and I immediately felt small against his bigger muscular figure.
"It's okay" I whispered into his shoulder.
"No it's not" he pulled out of the hug and looked me straight in the eye. "My parents kicked me out"
"Oh god Calum" i shook my head. "Come back to my house I was leaving anyway" I tried to fake a smile but I couldn't even do that it ended up being a frown.
"What about class?" he asked
"Honestly I don't care" I shrugged my shoulders, I grabbed his hand and walked out of the gates and back to my house.
I still kept our hand entwined as I tried to find my keys in my bag, damn I fucking left them in the house.
"Shit" I mumbled
"What?"
"I left my keys in my house"
"Come to mine" he shrugged his shoulders and started walking me back down my driveway and to his house.
As soon as we were outside of his house it looked like a little family home not the big mansion I imagined it to be.
"My parents aren't home so they'll never know" he said. I smiled as he opened the door. At least he had his keys. I slipped off my shoes and left them by the door.
"What are you doing?" he asked.
"Taking my shoes off"
"You don't have to" he chuckled,
"Oh but I want to"
He walked into what seemed to be the kitchen so I followed him. He opened up a cupboard full of snacks and began grabbing anything in sight. I lightly smiled at him even though he couldn't see me.
He's so adorable. Fuck.
"Are you trying to make me fat?" I laughed.
"Who said it was for you" he smirked, I fake gasped but immediately started laughing and Calum joined in.
"Come upstairs" he said grabbing the snacks and heading up the stairs. I followed him like a lost puppy.
To think we were meant to be in school.
I'd much rather be here.