Crushing pt.1 (Sweet)

Savannah: I clocked in for my shift at the diner, then put my apron on as I walked to the front counter

Savannah:
I clocked in for my shift at the diner, then put my apron on as I walked to the front counter.

"Good morning Sav." My friend Zara said as I leaned against the counter. "You're here early."

"Well I got up early and didn't have anything else to do so I just decided to come in."

"Really? Or are you just looking forward to seeing your man?"

"Girl please, I don't know that man."

The past few weeks a man had been coming in every morning to have breakfast and work on his laptop . He was incredibly cute but I could tell he was shy by how meekly he spoke. I wanted to speak to him but I was shy as well and two introverts trying to converse just sounded like a recipe for disaster.

"Are you ever gonna say anything to him other than 'May I take your order?'"

"I don't know. Maybe."

"If you don't say something-"

"Back to work ladies!" Our manager yelled as he walked around the corner. "You're getting paid to take orders! Not socialize!"

"There's literally three people in here, Ricky." Zara said as she rolled her eyes. "And they've all been served."

"Well make yourselves look busy before I put one of y'all on dish duty."

We both rolled our eyes and grabbed our note pads and started to walk the floor. A few more customers came in then at nine o'clock on the dot, he walked in.

He had on a maroon bomber jacket with a black tee underneath and a gold chain around his neck. He walked to the back of the diner and sat in his usual spot next to a window, pulled his laptop out his bag and started to work.

I started to walk towards his booth and Zara nudged me as I walked by her.

"You better get that nigga's number!"

I shook my head as I continued past her.

He saw me approaching him so he closed his laptop, took his AirPods out and looked up at me.