A Letter to the One I Hurt

✍🏽A letter to the one I hurt

As much as I wanted to be loved one day, I have to admit that I have also hurt you. You see before you, I believed in love. In fact, I was madly inlove. Then reality hit me and I found out I was the only one that loved and I was not loved back. This broke my heart into pieces and I just moved on with my broken heart and bitterness from the pain I was caused. Then I met you...

I pretended to be okay. Yes I was still looking for love but what I didn't tell you is that I was broken and each time you tried to love me, I just pushed you back because I didn't believe in love anymore. I didn't trust anyone and I didn't want to go through the pain of being disappointed again. So I hurt you deeper, thinking I was defending myself...

But I realized I was doing to you what my ex did to me. I believe my ex was broken and that's why they hurt me. I was broken too so I hurt you and for that I'm sorry.

I learned to heal myself before I enter another relationship; and now I can love again. So don't stop believing in love because I was broken and couldn't love you. You are worth being loved, so don't let my mistakes make you think otherwise. Heal from what I put you through and love again. True love really never fails.

As much as my brokenness messed up our chance, there is still a good person waiting to love you. Love gave me a second chance after my ex broke my heart. Love will give you a second chance as well if you heal from the pain I caused you . I am sorry I met you when I was hurting, angry and broken; and for the mess I made inside your innocent heart. I took time to heal and to love myself before another relationship because love in the end can conquer all, even the pain of a broken heart.

-becauzwecan