Chapter 2: The First Encounter

Jayden was one year old and very reckless. He would always find himself in danger no matter how much caution his dad and the team took. He found an ever sharp item: knives, scissors, razors, etc. He climbed practically every tree. He always found himself in high places. He always found himself in the way when they were training. He climbed the shelves and so on.

James was always worrying about his baby boy's safety. He never wanted Jayden to get hurt. He tried his best to keep Jayden from getting hurt, but Jayden was reckless and was always getting hurt. Most of the time it wasn't serious. He hated hearing his boy crying. Jayden's sobs were heart-wrenching. Ask the team; they will tell you so.

Today was no exception. This time though, Jayden did something extremely reckless. Jayden was watching the team training. He didn't understand why they were fighting each other. He didn't argue. He liked watching his father win. He cheered his dad on. The team would make fun of James for it, but James never had the heart to tell Jayden to stop.

Now you need to know something. Jayden has never seen his father fight the Nighlock. He has never seen a Nighlock either. He was never allowed in the outside world. Also when he got scared, he would cry. He was not that loud. He cried and sniffled, but he barely called for his dad because of fear. Of course, James would figure out that Jayden was scared.

The GAP Sensor went off. James went over and kissed Jayden's head when he heard Jayden's whimpers. He didn't know why Jayden was scared of the GAP Sensor. James ran off with his team. They usually close the gate so Jayden didn't get out. This time they didn't.

Jayden wanted to find his dad and see him fight. So he crawled towards the gate and then he was out. The world was big and scary to little Jayden, but he kept going. He soon found where his dad was fighting. He was about to cheer him on when he saw what they were fighting. He started whimpering and he curled up by the wall of the building. Tears spilling out of his eyes.

Line Break

The Nighlock looked over and saw him. He didn't recognize him at first. Then he realized it was the red ranger's son. He laughed evilly. He backed off the rangers. They were confused. He ran towards the building. He ran towards the boy.

James went and looked at where the Nighlock was running. His eyes widened when he saw his son, Jayden. The Nighlock was going to hurt him. His fatherly instincts kicked in and he attacked the Nighlock before he could reach his baby boy. He attacked with all his strength and anger. He was being reckless he knew, but his son was in danger. He had to protect him. The Nighlock threw him into the building across the street. He walked to Jayden. He swung his sword at him. He succeeded in making a deep cut from his chest to his stomach before he dried out.

"You're lucky, red ranger. I can't hurt your kid. I'm drying out," said the Nighlock," but know this: I will be back and I will kill your son." Then he went through a gap.

James ran to Jayden. He held his son close to him. He picked him up and ran him home. He couldn't let his die. He needed him.

"Daddy," Jayden whimpered out.

"Jayden, hold on. We are almost home," said James.

"It hurts," Jayden whimpered.

"We'll get you all better when we get home, but you got to hold on until then," said James. Jayden nodded. He whimpered. James saw tears streaming down his face.

"Daddy, I sowwy1," said Jayden.

"You have nothing to be sorry for. In fact, I should say I'm sorry for not being able to protect you," said James. Jayden snuggled close to his father's chest and cry. It hurt too bad.