Chapter 14: Jealousy

Jayden was going to hang out Shane. He was laughing and joking with Shane. James came and was going to ask Jayden if he wanted to hang out. He kind of got jealous when he saw how happy Jayden was with Shane. He shook his head. He should be happy that Jayden was happy.

"Hey, Jay, do you want to come to the store with me?" asked James.

"Oh, sorry, dad, but Shane is telling some really funny jokes," said Jayden. James nodded and walked away hurt. He was hoping that Jayden would still be close to Jayden

James left and came back. He found Jayden was still with Shane and he decided to ignore him since Jayden didn't even notice him come him. He always waited for him.

He went back to work and started filling out papers. He had tears in his eyes. Jayden didn't want to hang with him.

"Daddy?" Jayden asked.

James looked up. James wiped the tears away. Jayden wanted to hang with him now. Or so thought...

"Shane wants to take me to the park. Can he?" asked Jayden.

"Fine," said James.

"Daddy, is something wrong?" asked Jayden and he tried to crawl in his father's lap. James pushed him away. Jayden looked at her with tears in his eyes.

"Go to the park," said James.

"Daddy?" Jayden asked. He was scared and hurt.

"Go away, Jayden," said James.

"What?" asked Jayden. His heart broke. Jayden thought that James hated him and he ran out of the room crying. James rolled his eyes. Jayden would rather hang out with Shane, fine, but he better not cry when James decided not to be nice to him.

"James! You idiot!" shouted Shane.

"What?" asked James.

"You made Jayden cry," said Shane. Jayden had walked in and no one noticed.

"Whatever. If Jayden wants to hang out with you instead of me then he might as well not count me as his father," James said. Shane glared and turned around. He froze.

"Oh, no," said Shane. Jayden was standing in the doorway with tears in his eyes.

"What?" James snapped.

"Daddy?" asked Jayden. Tears were flowing from his eyes like mini-waterfalls.

James jumped and looked at Jayden's tear-streaked face. He ran over there. He picked him up and cuddled him to his chest. Jayden started sobbing.

"Oh, baby boy," James said. He broke his son's heart again. He seems to do that a lot.

"I want you as my daddy," said a broken-hearted Jayden.

"I'm sorry. I was just upset and I was mad and jealous," said James.

"So you want to be my daddy too?" asked Jayden.

"Of course, baby boy," said James.

"Daddy?" asked Jayden.

"Yeah, Jayden?" asked James.

"I didn't hang out with you today because last night I heard you say that you have a lot of work to do and it needs to be done," said Jayden.

"I do, but you are my priority," said James," though frankly, it did feel good to get some work done, I want to hang out with you today."

"Can I and you and Shane go to the park together?" asked Jayden with an adorable look on his face.

"Why not the whole team and their kids?" asked James.

"Yay!" Jayden said.