Chapter 10: Another Mountian or Tree

Jayden was stuck. He was stuck in a tree. (Yes I meant to repeat that.) He had been there a while. He was pretty high up even for an adult. He had just been climbing. Then he looked down. Big mistake. He couldn't move. He was frozen in fear. He never like heights unless his daddy was with him. His daddy would never let him fall.

So here he was; stuck in the tree. He waited and waited. He was sure daddy would be coming by now. Where was daddy?

Line Break

James was panicking. Jayden had not come out for lunch from wherever he was. James had been working with Jayden in his lap. Though the mind of a four-year-old had very little attention span, so he eventually got bored and wandered off. James had not thought much of it at the time, but now he did because he had no idea where Jayden was. He was panicking and it was getting hard to breathe.

Ji moved him to the Recovery room. He tried to calm him down. He was going to hyperventilate if they didn't find Jayden soon. He panicked when he saw the fear and panic in James' eyes.

"Shane, go find Jayden and hurry!" Ji said.

"Okay," said Shane and he left to find Jayden.

"Joseph, go get water and a towel," Ji ordered," The rest of you help me try to calm James down." They immediately set to work, but nothing was working. James needed Jayden now!

Line Break

Shane was looking for Jayden everywhere. He looked in the shed; nothing. He couldn't find him in his room or anywhere in the house. He was nowhere in the training areas or in the backyard.

He walked out the gate. He was scared. Jayden could be anywhere. He could have died. He could of...

"No," said Shane," I can't think like that." He saw Jayden's teddy bear. So he left when he was supposed to be napping. Shane smiled. He was like his father.

James, Sarah, Elizabeth, Shane, and Joseph grew up together. They became close. Then when their parents thought they had defeated the Nighlock, they left to live in their respective homes. Then they had to come back. The reunion was sweet, but they weren't as close. It really broke Shane's heart. He was hoping that the time that they were separated didn't affect their bond, but it did.

"Jayden!" Shane called. Maybe the kids could help bring us back together.

Line Break

Jayden was scared. He cried and whimpered. He needed someone to get him down from the tree. He could live with a Nighlock getting him down from the tree, but he prefers someone from his daddy's team.

"Jayden!" he heard someone call. It sounded like Shane. He sounded worried.

"Shane!" Jayden called. Shane came through the trees. "Shane! I'm up in the tree!" Jayden called.

Shane looked up and saw Jayden in the tree. His symbol power was the forest, but even he couldn't get Jayden down safely. He knew Jayden wouldn't get on a plant he made, so that left one choice. He didn't like it though.

"Jayden, I need you to trust me," said Shane. Jayden nodded. "I need you to jump," Shane said.

"NO!" Jayden shouted and he clung to the trunk of the tree tighter.

"Jayden, I promise I will catch you," said Shane.

"I can't do it," said Shane.

"Jayden, James needs you right now and I can't get you down any other way," said Shane.

"Daddy! What's wrong with Daddy?" Jayden asked scared.

"He's having a hard time breathing. He needs you," said Shane," Please Jayden, don't this for me, do it for your father." Jayden sighed and he jumped. He landed straight into Shane's arms. He held him close. He ran quickly to the Shiba House.

Line Break

James was seeing black spots in front of his eyes. He needed Jayden. He needed air that was eluding him. His breath was coming in short and he was low on oxygen.

"Daddy!" shouted a little boy's voice. He passed out.

Line Break

Shane came in with Jayden in his arms. Jayden saw that his Daddy needed air. He was scared. James's breath was shallow. He squirmed out of Shane's arms and ran to his dad.

"Daddy!" Jayden shouted. His father was not responding. He started sobbing.

Line Break

James awoke. He felt something on his right arm. He saw Jayden clinging to his arm. He still had tears on his precious. James realized that Jayden had cried himself asleep and just recently too. He brushed Jayden's hair away from his face. Jayden awoke by the light motion.

"Hey, buddy," said James," How's it going?"

"I thought you were going to die, Daddy," said Jayden. He snuggled into James' chest and started sobbing.

"It's all right Jay-Jay," said James," I'm here. I am alive."

"Don't die, Daddy," said Jayden. Jayden looked up at him with those tear-filled eyes. Stupid eyes, James thought.

"Jayden..." James said. Jayden knew immediately what James was going to say and he sobbed.

"No, Daddy! Don't die," Jayden said and he started sobbing.

"All right," said James. He held his sobbing son close. Jayden calmed down and fell asleep. James smiled.

"You're up?" asked Elizabeth.

"Yeah," said James," How long was Jayden up?"

"All night. We couldn't get him to leave your side. He refused to move until you woke up. After a while, he started sobbing. He came out for some water and overheard us talking about your condition. After that, he wouldn't let go or stop sobbing," Elizabeth said.

"How bad was my condition?" asked James.

"You weren't supposed to make it through the night," said Elizabeth.

"Poor Jayden. He thought I was going to die. That's why he begged me not to die," said James. He held Jayden closer. He knew Jayden needed him now.

"I could take him to his room if you want," said Elizabeth.

"No, he needs me now," said James. He held his son close.