CHAPTER FIFTEEN

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

A smirk took over Jax's face as Tatum wrapped her arms tightly around him. The blue haired woman had returned to his house earlier that afternoon, and the blonde immediately breathed a sigh of relief once she stepped through the door. Jax had regretted his words the moment they came out of his mouth last night, he never wanted to hurt Tatum and he knew his words hurt her. Jax needed to start making Tatum see he wanted something serious with her, because she wasn't in Charming for too much longer.

Jax placed his hand on Tatum's thigh as he drove his bike faster down the quiet street, the smirk on his face growing larger as she clung tighter onto him. The blonde VP had a surprise for Tatum, one he hoped would make her see how serious he could be about her and them. Jax Teller wasn't usually one for romantic gestures mainly because the women he slept with didn't care about them, and he didn't care enough about them to do anything romantic, but Tatum was different. She deserved romantic gestures.

"You can open your eyes now, darlin'." Jax said as he pulled into the deserted parking lot. He had made Tatum pinky promise to keep her eyes closed. Jax knew Tatum could never break a pinky promise with him.

"If you're gonna kill me I'd rather not open my eyes." Tatum deadpanned while keeping her eyes closed as she slowly unwrapped her arms from around Jax. Tatum wasn't sure what Jax had up his sleeve, but the blue haired woman wasn't exactly filled with excitement waiting to find out.

Jax immediately missed the feeling of Tatum's arms wrapped around him. "Just open your eyes." He chuckled while brushed a piece of Tatum's hair away from her eyes.

Tatum hesitantly opened her eyes, looking at Jax with a smile on her face before taking in her surroundings. The smile on her face grew even larger as her eyes took in the old brick building in front of her, the big neon 'Roller Rink' sign was blinking on and off, and instantly a wave of nostalgia hit Tatum in her face. "I can't believe this place is still standing." Tatum said in amazement.

"Honestly, me either." Jax said with a laugh as he watched a smile take over Tatum's face. She was beautiful, but then again she always was. "Let's go." The SAMCRO biker said while pulling a key out from his jean pocket, holding it up in front of Tatum's eyes.

Tatum looked at the key in Jax's hand with a raised eyebrow. "You just happen to have the key?"

"I have my ways darlin'." Jax smirked as he pulled Tatum close to his side, wrapping an arm around her waist.

•••

If Tatum thought the nostalgia was strong when she was standing outside of the building, it only grew stronger once she stepped inside of it. "Jesus, this place had not changed at all." Tatum stated while looking around the rink. "You remember that time we came here with Opie and Donna?" Tatum said with fondness in her voice.

"Yeah." Jax laughed as he grabbed a pair of skates from behind the counter. "You and Donna were so drunk you started a roller derby." He said with a smile while shaking his head. "I think you two got us banned for six months."

A laugh left Tatum's lips as she grabbed the skates from Jax's hand. It had been such a simpler time back then. "If I remember correctly you and Ope started a fight as well." Tatum reminded him as she sat down on the creaky old wooden bench. Tatum slid her feet into the tattered skates and began lacing them up, she hoped roller skating was like riding a bike - you never forgot once you learned how to.

"Probably defending your honor, darlin.'"

"Sure." Tatum rolled her eyes as she stood up slowly, putting her hands out in front of her to keep herself balanced. "Bet I can still skate circles around you, Teller."

"I bet you can darlin.' " Jax said as he watched Tatum skate away slowly with a smile on his face. It had been a long time since Jax Teller truly felt this happy, and the smile on his face was this genuine. He knew it was all because of Tatum. Sure, he had happiness when he and Tara first got back together, but that quickly went away. Jax got up from the bench and found his balance before quickly catching up to Tatum, he reached out to grab her, pulling her body close to his and placed a kiss on her neck. "Stay in Charming, Tatum." He whispered into her ear.

"Jax." Tatum said softly. "I-I." She didn't know what to say, but Tatum didn't even get a chance to try and form sentences because the next thing she knew Jax's lips were against hers.

•••

A/N: Sorry this one is so short and pretty much another filler chapter. I think I've decided who Tatum is going to choose, but I could change my mind 🤷🏻‍♀️ Thank you for all the votes, comments, and views! It makes a ton to me! ❤️