Supergirl

This story takes place in season 4. Alex' memories have been wiped so she doesn't remember Kara is supergirl. 

While Kara was driving back to National City with Nia, she shared her secret identity. She knew Nia needed to know it. Kara did leave one detail out; the fact that Alex didn't remember her being supergirl. That night Kara plopped on the couch and sighed. As supergirl she'd gotten into a fight with Alex and accidentally hurt her. She was never going to forgive supergirl. Someone knocked on the door. Kara lowered her glasses and used her x-ray vision to see who it was. Alex. What a surprise. She was holding a bottle of wine in her right hand and her other one had bandage wrapped around it. Of course, Kara opened the door enthusiastically. "Hey" she said, letting Alex in. "I brought wine" Alex grunted as she held the bottle over her head. "What's the occasion?" Kara tried to sound genuine and frowned. "I fought supergirl this morning. She sliced my hand. I'm so done with her. I am never ever ever going to work with her again" Alex complained as she sat down on Kara's couch. 

Kara handed her sister a glass filled with the wine she'd brought. "I'm sorry"

"Please tell me your day was better than mine?"

Kara tried to remember what she did as Kara today, besides going to Nia's hometown. "I got into a fight with Lena" she rolled her eyes and took a sip of her wine. Now it was Alex who frowned. "What happened?"

"It was- it was nothing. I'll go talk to her tomorrow" Kara shook her head slightly, indicating she didn't want to talk about it. Alex didn't ask any more questions. 

---

"I'm sorry about yesterday" 

Lena looked up from her work. She put down her pen and leaned back into her chair, folding her arms together. Then she tilted her head, waiting for Kara to continue. "I wasn't focused on work and I should have. And you were right. I do have more Mon-El issues I have to figure out" 

Slowly, Lena stood up from her chair and walked closer to Kara. "I'm sorry for what you're going through and thank you for the apology" she said and smiled a bit. "Well, I don't have a lot of time. I still need to get that interview" Kara smiled, headed towards the elevator. Lena nodded with a smile on her face. She was glad they'd made up. She couldn't handle another day without her best friend. 

---

"Danvers. We've got something new. This thing, it isn't alien nor human. All we got is this" Colonel Haley showed Alex footage. "Well, that's new" Alex frowned, not remembering they had encountered this before. "I want you to stop this thing. Take a strike team" Haley instructed and walked away, leaving this problem for Alex. 

Seeing how impossible this thing was to fight, Alex did something she swore she would never do again. She asked Supergirl for help. Supergirl flew into the DEO, happy Alex requested her presence. "This is all we got" Alex said, showing her the footage. "That's Metallo 2.0, or 3.0" Supergirl whispered. It didn't sound like she knew how to defeat it. "Look, we've got another problem. We're going to need Lena for this. But you.. need to come too in case that thing shows up" Alex said demanding. Supergirl nodded. "I'll go get Lena" she said and flew away. 

She approached Lena from the balcony. Lena, knowing supergirl came for her, walked to her. After closing the door, supergirl started explaining. "Count me in" Lena smiled. They arranged a time and place for the meeting and Lena went back inside. Before Supergirl flew away she glanced at Nia, who was staring at her. She waved quickly and then disappeared. 

---

"We need to hurry. This thing-"

"Metallo 3.0" supergirl interrupted. "Metallo 3.0, could show up any minute" Alex groaned annoyed. "Lex, he's building something" Lena said, looking at a computer screen. Supergirl and Alex walked closer to her to see what she was looking at. "That's strange" Alex commented. "Looks like he's trying to build more metallos, which makes sense because we're hunted by one" Lena said. "We need to get this information to the DEO" Alex pointed at the screen. As Lena was busy copying the information the entire wall got blasted down. The metallo guy appeared. Supergirl stepped towards it. She didn't want Alex or Lena to get hurt. The guy screamed and blasted a green beam at Supergirl, who got blasted back, feeling like her skin was getting ripped from her body. Kryptonite! Supergirl grunted as she tried to get up from the floor. She got hit pretty hard and crashing into the other wall didn't help. She saw how Alex and Lena got startled by the sudden appearance of metallo. "Run" it took Supergirl a lot of strength to utter those words. "No way" Lena said, putting a table to its side so she could hide behind it. Alex did the same and reacher for her gun. Then she stood up and fired some bullets at the guy. It made no impact and quickly Alex ducked to avoid getting hit. The metallo guy focused on supergirl and blasted another kryptonite beam at her. There was no more strength in supergirl to safe herself. Lena and Alex tried everything they could to get rid of it but it was pointless. It had caught them off guard and this was the end. "Alex, run, please" supergirl whispered. She didn't want her sister to get hurt, even though she didn't remember the true Kara. "No way. I may not like you, but I ain't leaving anyone behind" she yelled back. She shot another ten bullets at metall. Of course. It didn't work. "She's right, Alex" Lena said, running towards Alex. She took her arm and helped Alex get on her feet. "We stand no chance" Lena reasoned and pulled Alex with her to safety. When Kara knew Alex was safe she felt relieved. Even though, the pain worsened and she felt like she couldn't breathe, if Alex was safe, then it would all be worth it. Another beam. More pain. Another scream Kara couldn't hold in. Then metallo turned around, knowing supergirl would die anyhow. The last minutes of supergirl's life were the most painful she had ever had. It was torture. But it was inescapable. The pain didn't decrease. It only got worse.