Chapter 2: My New Life

Asuna's POV

<December 10, 2024, 12:00 pm>

<Rehabilitation Center in Chiyoda Ward>

I gingerly walked forward while grasping on to the rails flanking me.

"You got it. One foot after another," the nurse directed.

I reached the end and let go of the rails. I fell down but the nurse caught me.

"Thanks Ms. Natsuki," I said.

"Do you want to sit down?" she asked.

I nodded, "Yes."

She guided me to a bench nearby. I limped slowly while bracing myself on her. I shifted my body and sat on the bench.

"Well, I think we made some pretty good progress today. I'm going to keep you on crutches but maybe next session we might move on from that," she said.

I grabbed my crutches and placed them under each arm.

"Your next appointment is at 10:00 in the morning tomorrow okay?" Natsuki reminded me.

I nodded and started to move to the door. Natsuki walked over and opened the door.

"Thanks," I said.

"Don't forget about your appointment," she responded.

I walked out of the rehab room and into the lobby. There were quite a few SAO survivors here. I walked out of the lobby and to the street. I saw my older brother parked near the entrance. I made my way to him. He got out of the car and opened the passenger door for me.

"Hey Koichiro," I greeted.

"Hey little sister," he said.

I got into the car and handed over my crutches to my older brother. He grabbed them and placed them into the trunk.

"So where to?" he asked.

"Back home," I answered.

We pulled out of the parking lot and drove back home. After parking in the garage, Koichiro gave back my crutches. I placed them under each arm and started my journey back to my room. Once I got to my room, I grabbed my laptop from my desk and sat down on my bed. Ever since I got back home, I looked up Kazuto Kirigaya. I was hoping some parent was going to cry about it on Facebook or something but nothing has come up.

"Last place," I sighed.

I opened the patient list for Yokohama General Hospital. I scoured through the list and there he was, Kazuto Kirigaya. I silently cheered because now I can see him in real life.

"Asuna?" my mom asked from outside.

"Yes, mom?" I responded.

"There's lunch in the dining room. Come down please."

"Okay."

I moved my laptop to the desk and got up. I walked down slowly using my crutches. When I got to the room, everyone was waiting for me.

"Sorry I took so long," I said while moving to my chair.

I sat down and placed my crutches next to me.

"So what's all of this for?" I asked.

"It's for your return from the game," my dad said.

"Yeah, it's great to have you back," my brother chimed.

We all enjoyed the fish and chips that our personal chef made. He was from Britain and he made the best fish and chips I've ever had. I traveled to London when I was 10 yeas old and no fish and chips were better than his.

"You seem pretty happy today Asuna," Koichiro commented, "Did you find something?"

"I did actually," I responded.

"Oh, what is it? I'll buy it for you," my dad said.

"It's not that. I found someone that I've been looking for," I said.

"Oh a suitor?" my mom asked, "Is he rich?"

"No... he saved me multiple times in the game. He beat the game and is the hero of SAO," I explained, "and he was..."

"Was what?" my mom asked.

"My husband..." I mumbled.

"YOUR HUSBAND?!" everyone shouted.

"Only in the game though," I said.

"Who is this hero that saved my daughter?" my dad queried.

"His name in the game was Kirito, but his real name is Kazuto Kirigaya. He has a special skill called duel wielding and it's given to the person with the fastest reaction time in the game," I explained.

"So what, that doesn't emphasize why he's such a hero. Sure he has a unique skill but that's not heroic title worthy," my brother scoffed.

"It's because he killed the floor 74 boss by himself. Also, he ended the game by killing the floor 100 boss," I protested.

"But didn't they say that the game ended on floor 75," my mom recollected.

"Turns our the floor 100 boss was the creator of the game who was working with us the whole time," I continued, "He challenged him and managed to beat him, thus ending the game."

"Well, I feel like he's suitable. If you love him so much, you can go to him," my dad said.

"Thanks, Dad," I responded.

My brother chuckled, "Well, if this conversation is over, then I want to start eating."

"Okay," I chimed in.

—————————————————

I am going to make this first priority over all my stories. Finish this first then to SAO: Distance and Gate: Thus the World Fought There.

From, the author