Chapter 9: The World Tree

Kazuto's POV

(December 19, 2024, 10:00 am)

I thought about what Sugou said earlier.

"I'm not proud of what I'm doing," his voice echoed.

I grabbed the piece of paper and walked to the entrance to the cage. I plugged in the code to the door and the cage wall disappeared. I stepped out of the cage and followed the path to the base of the tree. I reached a silver door at the trunk of the tree.

"What is this?" I thought to myself.

I looked at the slip of paper Sugou gave to me.

"When you reach the trunk, look to your left," I read.

I looked to the left of the door and found a button nearby. I ambled up to it and pressed it. The door opened with a hiss and a bright light filled my vision. I shielded my eyes from the light.

"What is this place?" I thought.

I stepped over the threshold of the door and into the white corridor. I crept through the corridor and glanced at the slip of paper.

"Go to storage room 7 and look for a small box addressed to Harry and Marv. The sender should be Kevin McCallister," I read.

I walked to a small map of the floor. Storage room 7 was a couple of rooms down. I followed the wall and reached the door. I pushed the door open and there as a dark room on the other side. I gingerly ambled forwards and closed the door behind me. I analyzed the door and found a small switch. I flicked it in the opposite direction and a small amount of light filled the room.

"That's better," I thought.

I inspected the room and found the box near the back. I pulled it to me and opened the box. Inside was a card for something and another note. I picked up the note and read it.

"Don't overdo it, go back to the cage and hide the card," it instructed.

I placed the card into a pocket into my outfit. I turned off the light and walked out of the supply room.

"Okay, which way back to the cage," I thought.

I walked through corridors and managed to find my way out of the tree. I followed the path back to the cage and locked myself back into the cage. I placed the keycard behind the mirror along with the note.

"Thank you Sugou," I thought.

------------------------------

Short chapter I know... I'm done doing long chapters