Chapter 15: The Fight

Asuna's POV

"Kirito, please stop," I coaxed.

I parried his sword away from me but left a huge opening for him. He lunged forward and managed to graze my right arm. He stepped back and raised his sword to his head. The sword started to glow and the tip was aimed in my direction.

"Another vorpal strike," I thought.

He initiated the sword skill and his body blitzed towards me. I sidestepped the attack and managed to stab him in the back with my sword.

"System command! Change the pain absorber from level 10 to level 8," Kotone stated.

I was distracted by her statement long enough that Kirito managed to stab me through the gut. The pain of the attack was terrible but I gritted my teeth and dislodged the blade. I looked to the top left of my screen and noticed that my HP was at half.

"I'll decrease the pain gradually. Once it drops down to level 3, it will affect your body in the real world," Kotone said.

"A-Affect your body in real life?" I thought, "I don't want to hurt Kirito."

I summoned a healing spell to get my HP to at least 75 percent. I felt something graze my left arm. I looked back and saw Kirito standing there with anger in his eyes. I moved out of the way and raised my sword.

"Come back Kirito," I said.

"Keep on trying and you'll keep on failing," Kotone bellowed.

I parried a sword strike for the head. I knew Kirito was as good as or maybe even better than me. I could take him out but I don't want to hurt him.

"Toy with her Kirito," Kotone ordered.

"With pleasure," he responded.

All I could hear after that was laughing. I managed to block some of his strikes but most of them would graze my body. I fell back to the edge of the platform we were on.

"System Command! Change the pain absorber from level 8 to level 6," Kotone said.

Kirito grazed my arm with his sword. The pain was now twice as painful as before. I bit my lip and pushed his sword away. I left the edge of the platform and faced Kirito. I glanced at Kotone and she was still laughing.

"Maybe if I try to take her out, he would come back," I thought.

I blitzed over to Kotone and tried to stab her in the chest. Just before the tip of my sword reached her, purple sparks appeared. I looked up and saw it. Just like it during Heathcliff and Yui.

"Immortal object?" I thought.

Kotone looked at me dead in the eyes.

"You honestly think that would do anything?" she laughed.

She punched me in the chest and I flew back. I collapsed onto all fours and tried to catch my breath. My health wasn't doing the best as it stands at a measly 10 percent.

"System command! Set the pain absorber from level 6 to level 2," Kotone ordered.

I glimpsed upwards and saw Kirito towering over me.

"End her now," she said.

I braced for the pain that would end my avatar's life.

"Momma," a voice whispered.

I glanced to my left and saw Yui in her child form trying to help me up.

"Yui," I breathed in pain.