Chapter 6: Renegade Asuna

Asuna's POV

<December 18, 2024, 10:00 am>

I flew through the sky towards Sylvain when I heard a scream.

"Yui what was that?" I asked

"Look to your left mommy," she said.

I look left and I see an aerial battle happening between green and red.

"Who are they?" I asked.

"I think it's the Salamanders and the Sylphs," Yui responded.

I flew over and the Salamanders seem to pin the Sylph to the ground. I hovered above watching the exchange.

"Yui, get me down there," I said.

"Yes, mommy. You need to push the controller away from you," she instructed.

I pushed the controller away from me and I descended to the ground. I landed on the forest floor and looked up. A blonde Sylph was near me and multiple Salamanders in crimson armor were above me.

"You got no business here you Undinian scum," one of the salamanders yelled.

I dusted my default uniform from all of the dirt.

"Maybe I don't," I taunted.

"Well, you got nerve newbie," another salamander said.

Two of them dropped to the ground. I drew my sword and pointed it forward.

"Guess I'll teach you the hard way," the salamander said.

He walked towards me with his 2 handed sword. I ran up and stabbed through his avatar. I looked at my the end of my sword and saw his avatar disappear into a shower confetti. 

"Dammit, take her out!"

I whipped around and caught one of the salamanders charging at me. I positioned myself and slashed at the legs and stabbed at the chest. I fell back to the Sylph and saw 2 flames near the places I killed the 2 salamanders.

"Well, then. You win this time. I don't know what kind of alliance you made with the Undines you filthy Sylphs, but your territory is as good as won," the last salamander said before flying away.

I sheathed my sword and turned to face the Sylph.

"I suppose I should thank you for saving me," she said.

"No problem," I said.

"So do I need to pay you back for anything?"

"No it's okay, but do you know where the Undine territory is?"

She laughed a little bit.

"You're pretty far from the Undine territory," she laughed, "So you're a renegade?"

"A renegade?" I asked.

"It means you betray your original race. A wanderer."

"Well I suppose so."

"Follow me, I owe you for something."

The Sylph took off from the forest floor. I followed her all the way back to Sylvain. I landed on the city floor and followed the Sylph to the bar. I grabbed a table and sat down. She came back with a couple of drinks.

"Thank you for saving me," she said.

"No problem," I responded.

"I was thinking that I wasn't going to get out of there alive back there. However, when you came, I knew I had a chance on getting out of there."

She took a sip from her drink.

"My name is Ichika," she said.

"My name is Asuna," I responded.

"Asuna? You used your name as your avatar name?"

"Yeah..."

"Some lack of imagination," Ichika joked.

We both laughed for a couple seconds.

"So I need help," I said.

"Help with what?" she asked.

"To get to the world tree."

"You just started out though. Why do you want to go to the world tree all of a sudden?"

"I just need to get there as soon as possible."

She thought about it for a second.

"I might be able to help you," she said.

"But wouldn't that make you a renegade too?" I asked.

"Who cares. If you did it, then I can do it."

"That's great to hear."

Ichika got up from the table.

"We'll meet back here at 10:00 am tomorrow," she said.

"10:00 am here tomorrow, got it," I acknowledged.

Ichika logged out and so did I.

I opened my eyes in real life and took of the Amusphere. I looked at my calendar and marked the date for it. It was currently 4:30 pm. I got up and walked over to my computer. I spent the rest of the day trying to find out how to level up as fast as possible.

———————————————————